How to create sidebar and set up for page?

Comments

• Hello,

the chosen sidebar in the Option Page of the Homepage doesn't work. Neither the default layout works (http://prnt.sc/dlok0e and http://prnt.sc/dlokb3). 

These are the 2 notices in the debug.log file:
    [20-Dec-2016 10:56:44 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: onlycategory in /home/kinzica2/domains/kinzicatv.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jquery-archive-list-widget/jquery-archive-list-widget.php on line 266
    [20-Dec-2016 10:56:44 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: show_remember_me in /home/kinzica2/domains/kinzicatv.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/widget-login.php on line 140

The Wordpress, theme and all plugin version are up to date. I've also already tried to disable all the plugins.
    Thanks in Advance!
  • @yeronit Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to let us know what for the access is.
  • I tried to add sidebar on product page, but why the area is blank and no widget showed?
  • Please go to appareance>widgets and insert your widgets into the "Plugin|Woocommerce" sidebar. Then it will show on the page.
  • Hi - I have downloaded the interactive theme pre built website and cannot figure out how to edit the side bar on the home page (What can we do for you, e-commerce etc).  I can do it on the other pages but not the home page - what am I doing wrong please? thanks Lorna 
  • Hi,
    all of the sidebars can be edited in appaerance>widgets. Please check what sidebar you have selected in the home page by eiditing it, it will be  in the page options. You could have also set the sidebar globally for all pages in theme options>sidebars
    thanks
  • empty string to a string offset in /home/storage/5/bc/ee/dresseco/public_html/wp-includes/class.wp-scripts.php on line 447

??????? 
  • Hello,
    Please explain more, this error is wordpress related.
    thanks
  • I have 2 errors:

Can you help me?
  • Hi,

please go to your FTP, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. If you are chatting with support via email please do not post here.
    2. Attach your license key and the wordpress admin login credentials.

Thanks
  • Can I use a sidebar on my blog page, which is also amy home page?

Another problem is, that i want a picture (or even a slider) under my menu in the blog page. is that possible?
  • Hello,
    you can just edit the main page and set the same sidebar in the page option.
    The blog page is generated automatically and should not be modified in any way. This does not mean that you can edit the blog page and add some builder elements.
    thanks
  • Just for information: If you would like to have the widgets or maybe a second menu visible before the content on mobile devices just add the following in the Theme-Options > Own CSS & JS Code > JS

jQuery(function($){
         if($(window).width() < 768) $('.sidebar').insertBefore('#Content');
    }); 
  • I want to put sidebar on all pages except homepage. How can i do this?
  • TevfikGulep
    Do not set any sidebar options in theme options>sidebars  and edit each page individually. Then you will be able to choose a sidebar layout for each page.
    thanks
  • Hello i have activated sidebar for single page only but i cant seem to be able to put any widgets in the sidebar. How to you put widget or populate sidebar for single page 
  • edited August 2018
    All items included in sidebar can be customized in Appearance > Widgets.
    That's all.
    Thanks.
  • Very helpful. Thank you very much!
  • Dear Support Team,

How do I add a sidebar to the blog-page?
    I cannot select any side-bars although the page-layout is set to side-bar on the right.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

• You can force a sidebar in Theme Options > Sidebars > Single Posts section

And fill the sidebar field below with name of the sidebars that you added in the Sidebars section.
    Thanks.
  • Hi,
    i've created my custom sidebar in Theme Options > Sidebars then i've populated my sidebar in Appearance > Widgets.
    In Theme Options > Sidebars i've forced for PAGE, SINGLE POST and SINGLE PORTFOLIO PAGE my sidebar.
    Why in my home page (i set "your recent posts" page in Reading section) and in all categories page my sidebar not show? In single posts and in static pages it's correctly showing.
  • Edit these pages which sidebar doesn't appear
    Select one of the layouts to show sidebar on page.
    Do not select the "full width no sidebar" option, it will delete sidebar on this page.
    Thanks.
  • Hi there, I have the problem, that I can#t display the sidebar. I did all the steps. In the Theme Options I created a sidebar with the Name "Sidebar SD" later I choosed the sidebar in my post. and I selected the image with the right sidebar. I also checked the theme options unsder the section blog and choosed there too, to display the sidbar. But nothing happend.

And I have a second problem. I created 6 diffrent Revolution Slides. And in every page I choosed one of them. But only one of my pages, don't want to acept the custom slide. All the time after safeing the page, it shows me the default "home Print-2" Demo-slide. I cant change the options in the hole section. Also I cant change there the options like "left or right sidebar" after choosing and safing, the sidebar Button isn't selected. It seems like: "you havent any permission", What I am doing, everything else works fine. Only the Problem with the Sidebar and the revolution slider.

• Hello,
    you must have a sidebar set up in the main blog page, you cannot have it only for single posts.

Please open a new topic for your issue with the Slider problems, there are too many issues here.
    Please also provide with a link to your pages. This is most likely a issues with the slider configuration.
    thanks
  • Hello,
    yes, I activated the Sidebar in all possible Sections. On the Pages, on the Posts, in the main blogpage, in the Theme Options. But nothing happend. http://wp.marion-milbradt.de
  • Did you provide any content in all of the sidebars?
    Also, please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and check if the sidebars appeared.
    Thanks
  • Thank You, I found the error. I forgot to type the name of the sidebar in the section of the Theme Options "Sidebar". Now it works fine. 
  • Hello! The sidebar on my website does not work. Created a new sidebar in
    theme settings. Added to sidebar widgets. Enabled sidebar in page
    settings. But the sidebar is not displayed. What could be the problem?
  • Is it sidebar on blog, shop or normal page?
    Also, did you provide some content in the sidebar?

Thanks
  • Hey. Sidebar installed on all pages of the site, and on the blog. Content in sidebar added