Featured images & Related posts

Hello,

Betheme related posts (blog):
After searching why it was stretching out images to a height of 400 px there i figured i add my own custom code.
I would first ask: why is the image height in the related posts 400px? you would think it takes over tumb size.

the tumb showed up as 251x400 (so very ugly).
I have fixed this using custom.css:
.section-related-adjustment .image_frame .image_wrapper img.scale-with-grid {
    height: 180px;
}

Featured images:
For my personal situation i found the shadow box way longer then the image (basically because the image was shorter then the screen width).
quick fix for this was giving it 100% width, aslong as the images are atleast near to the width of screen size it looks decent:
in custom.css i added:
.single-photo-wrapper .image_frame .image_wrapper img.scale-with-grid {
    width:100%;
}

Now for the actual question:
I can add a single image to the blog posts using featured image.
but how can i add multiple ones to it? (that creates a simple image slider).
from the css it seems to be possible as it mentions "single image" 

Hope there's a way to rotate for example 3 - 4 images without much fuss.

Regards,
Marco

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi,

1. Image size for related posts come from functions/theme-functions.php file. Yhis is the same size as for standard blog image.

2. In 2nd situation, you can use revolution slider instead of featured image. In revolution slider section you must create slide and then in "Post options" while you create/edit post, you must select right slider. We did it for example at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/uncategorized/193,post-with-slideshow.html
  • Hey,

Thanks for the quick answer.

1) alright, but it's weird as the width scales proper but the height seems to not scale at all in those related images.

With those 2 custom codes it does look alot better (my personal opinion ofcourse.. i prefer everything to be nicely aligned, and scaled else it quickly becomes a messy look).

2) ahhh i knew i was overlooking something! i never expected it would auto pick up on revolution slides in the related posts but in your example it does it perfect.

Thanks again :-)
  • 1) To be honest we also have no idea why this comes like that. So probably the only way to make it look better, will be your custom css above.

We`re glad to know the rest is fine :) You're welcome!