Home Page Title - problem using Yoast or All in One with Be-Theme

edited January 2016 in SEO
Hi Guys

I have searched through all problems that you have on the forum regarding how Be-Theme performs with SEO plugins and have not found the answer to my query.

I have used Yoast Plugin on several premium themes and it works just right, with excellent results.  However, this is not the case with Be-Theme. The problem was causing me such an issue that I have swapped to All In One Seo and I am having exactly the same problems, so it has to be your Theme that is causing the problem.

The problem is related to the Home page title in Google.  www.johnchorley.co.uk.  If you view the source code you can see this

<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
<title itemprop="name">Steel Processing Centre &amp; Stock Holder | John Chorley</title>

However this is NEVER how it appears in Google, which ever plugin I use this (or similar) is how it appears.

John Chorley: Steel Processing Centre & Stock Holder

I have Be-Theme SEO disabled, with SEO Builder set to display and Hide Content activated. All the settings within All in One are set correctly such as force rewrite etc.  This was also the case with Yoast but to no avail.

It has never happened on any other development site where I have used other premium themes.  The issue is clearly with Be-Theme, can you please advise how I fix this? 

Regards

Comments

• Hi,

do you know that we do not have any impact on how Google displays your title? If the title in your HTML is:

<title itemprop="name">Steel Processing Centre &amp; Stock Holder | John Chorley</title>

but it displays different in Google, you should contact with Google experts and ask them why Google is taking different title. We met with similar situation in the past, but the title has been changed somehow after few months without reason. This depends on Google only and if the title in the code is fine, there is nothing what we can do to sort the Google.
  • I am seeing the same thing. Only with BeTheme and have swapped out different plugins. And for some reason only happening on the home page. You need to dig deeper into an answer as I understand the code showing: