WYSIWYG Editor

edited January 2016 in BeBuilder
Hi

I have searched the forum, but cannot find an answer to my question.

When I add a column for example, it allows me to enter text in the content area. So I add a title for example and then select either <h1>, <h2> etc etc.

The thing is when it comes to a client using this, I don't think it is that user friendly, as they are presented with HTML tags for example:

<h3>Take A Look</h3>
[divider height="25"]
<p>Dummy Text</p>

I know some of my clients will 'freak out' with this! - Any plans for making this part more user friendly, or am I missing something?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

can you explain how you want to do it more user friendly? Replace <> signs with [] to call them shortcodes? Don't you think that would be stupid because it's just changing the brackets? Things like this one can not be made more user friendly in our opinion.

Thanks!
  • edited January 2016
    Hi

Not sure if my last message was understood properly. What I mean is when for example you edit a Sport Home Page' and would like to change the text in one of the 'Home Boxes' within the Muffin Builder you see the below:

The end user will need to highlight text between opening and closing HTML tags, In order to change text. Some people see this and have no idea what they are doing. I hope I am making myself clearer now?

Many Thanks

• Also, do I have to upload example screenshots to my server or provide a link to another 3rd party provider in order for you guys to view images? No upload facility?

Thanks
  • As you saw, WP's WYSIWYG does not have too much options included so some things just can not be done with wysiwyg. If you don't want to use html code, then simply remove it and use just the options that are included into wysiwyg editor. Your website won't look as good as with custom html but you won't have these html tags. So generally, decision belongs to you if you want to have them or not.
  • Hi

I still think this needs more thought, for example using Visual Composer it has an option to add TEXT, and you are presented with a WYSIWYG with the option of viewing source code.

Is this not possible?

Many Thanks
  • Hi

How do I add an image in a column, when I go to shortcode and click the image button, it does not ask me to browse for the image? This is what I was talking about above, this is just not user friendly or am I missing something?

Many Thanks
  • Sorry but this one is not possible unfortunately. This is not how it works.
  • So the user would have to manually type in the URL of the image? Is their any other way I can display content in this column that is easier to add/update/edit for a complete novice?

Thanks
  • Hi

I have tried the visual editor, but this still does not let me add in images?

It means I am going to have to re-build the home page layout using Visual Composer :(
  • There is no other way. Link must be added normally. You can rebuild site with VC but remember that this plugin is not compatible with some of our items/shortcodes.
  • That is a shame, surely this request will make your next update and make it more user friendly for people without HTML skills to add text, headings, images within a text editor?
  • Sorry but we can not make it more friendly as this is how raw/text shortcodes works and this is what developers and other people need. If you want to upload images with "Upload" image, you should use simple Image item thru Muffin Builder. It won't be as flexible as using shortcodes inside Column item but that's all we can suggest.
  • I find that hard to believe but anyway. The other thing is I cannot append another item to a column in Muffin builder or can I?

So I wanted an image using image through muffin builder then below a column of text.

Thanks
  • I think I have done it, it was visually the column was not directly underneath in the admin area, if that makes sense?
  • grrrrr, but I cannot have a background colour or padding using the image through muffin builder. This is getting very messy!
  • Maybe you can show us what exactly you want to do so we can have a look on it?
  • "Sorry but we can not make it more friendly as this is how raw/text shortcodes works and this is what developers and other people need. "

Raw/text shortcodes only work this way becasue this is how your dev team have implemented them. With the appropriate WordPress hooks you can make this work better by using the WordPress Content Editor instead of the Muffin Builders WYSIWYG editor

Doing this would still allow users to use html code as per the current method but also give the much needed choice to end-users.

• I suggest to use Custom Content Shortcode to embed page or article content you can edit with WP wysiwyg editor.

• Crap. I have the same issue. No visual editor for clients a real pain in the anal hole! 
    It'd be great if there were an option to forego the raw editor and shortcodes in favour of the traditional wysiwyg editor.
    Afterall, that's what made WordPress so popular.