Action bar not showing up

I am using be theme seo with the classic header style but the action bar that shows above the menu is not displaying.... 

Comments

• Probably is turned off and you must turn it on in Theme options > Layout > Menu & Action bar section.
  • No I have it turned on
  • Ok but did you added widgets into this section in Appearance > Widgets section? Because you need to fill it as normal sidebar with widgets.
  • I dont have any widgets active in any area, should I have a specific widget in the sliding top area?
  • Yes, you must setup widgets of course first in the sliding top area. Without that this won`t work.
  • Ok sorry for the confusion but I have the classic header style selected, action bar turned on with slogan, phone, and email filled in. I thought using the apperance>betheme options>layout>menu & action bar would set it up.

In widgets there are sliding top area #1-4, what widget do I use and in what sliding top area?
  • I can give you my wp-admin user name and password if you would like to see if you can find out what i'm doing wrong
  • @watsontra You can use all of them or one. All depends on your needs. Just put anything into one of them and you will see all will be working.
  • still not working...why do I have to put a widget in to activate something that I selected and edited in the betheme options? 
  • @watsontra Please send us access to your wp dashboard with explanation and we`ll have a look on it because we have no idea what you wrong you did.
  • edited October 2014
    sterlingpowerllc.com/wp-admin

user: ***
    password: ***
  • Just one question - http://snag.gy/iK6dq.jpg what is this?

P.S. We remove access from topic above but we also recommend to remove this account from your wordpress because you pasted access in public section instead of private message.
  • I have no idea why that code shows display none. I haven't touched anything in the editor (no custom css). Where is that code located? I don't know why it shows display none when the action bar is clearly marked on in the bethemes options.

And yes I will change the password for the account i provided.
  • We have no idea where this code is. We do all custom css's in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section. But maybe you did it somewhere else and we have no idea where exactly this could be.
  • I have not entered a single line of custom code. 
  • the only thing i can think of that I did was delete the woocommerce plugin since i wasn't going to use it. Other than that I didn't nothing but select the demo data and edit using the bethemes options, visual composer, and revolution slider
  • Please take a look on our demo and see if you see any html error there. Because as we see there is no errors at all what means this happened on your side. Sorry but we can`t fix your errors and we can`t control what you do on you website. If you are not able to fix it yourself, then you should think about website developer.

Thanks for understanding!
  • thanks for all your help
  • Ya i should get a web developer to be able to use the action bar for this theme. That I have turned on, and have not done anything custom. Thats a good idea
  • where can I rate the support for this theme? 
  • You're welcome! :)

You can rate support at Themeforest in "Downloads" section.

Have a nice day.
  • I do not have any custom code and have not touched the stylesheet so how can I change the #Action_bar { display: none; } on line 76? I did not set that to none and I have the action bar switched on in the BeTheme options>menu and action bar
  • If you will send us url to page where you have above code then we'll be able to tell you where this line exactly is.
  • After enabling the "Action Bar" 
    Goto Custom CSS & JS-> CSS
    Delete the line
    #Action_bar { display: none; }

This may solve your problem.
  • @swambala If you had this css, then for sure must be removed as you wrote.
  • I know I'm WAY late to this conversation ... but this may help others in the future.

This is going to sound obvious ... but I'll admit I overlooked this ridiculous detail and lost about an hour in the process ... YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MENU CREATED for the action bar to appear below "active" items.

Your pages will show up in a temporary "nav" list inside of your selected header EVEN IF you didn't actually create a menu first.

The action bar appeared as soon as I create the menu ... obvious, but very possible to overlook.  Hope this helps!

-- Brett
  • November 2017

I noticed the same issue and fixed it by this one simple step:

Go to Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS and remove this line (even if it's commented out):

#Top_bar { top: 0 !important; }