how to change header font weights?

how to change header font weights? 
do we do this with css? or is there an option as with changing fonts styles and colours etc...
if we are making simple css changes like this is it better to create a child of the original?

Thanks,
Dara

Comments

• Hi Dara,

this requires custom css. If you don't know how, send us link to page and we will help you.

Thanks!
  • yes thank you - I do know how - great if you could send the specific code (or is there a list of simple code changers you have available?) 

is it better to create a child theme for these simple changes? 

Any code to change the weight and size of the menu items (and submenu)?

Thanks!

Please excuse my frustration in some of the other comments. We understood we did not have to go into the html to make any changes. Now that I have realised this is not possible I am simply going into each box and tiresomely changing the content. Is there anything I am missing? We understood we could edit the theme without using any code.

Best reagards,
    Dara Emerson
  • We do not have any list of codes because each site is different and in each case, the css might be different. That's why we need link to your site where you want to change weight and size of menu and sub-menu items.

In reference to 2nd question, you did not missed anything. Sounds like you are doing it properly.
  • Thanks
    In the end I have totally changed the "Copywriter" theme to my own.
    Are there embedded changes in your files specifically for that theme?
    Just want to make sure there are no updating problems in the future.
    Thanks

• No, nothing for pre-made layouts has changed. Please also notice that all settings and content are stored in database. So if you didn't changed any theme files, you won't lose anything while theme update.
  • ok thanks - did not want to create a child and fiddle with your theme files.