How to import demo slider into Be|theme using Revolution Slider?

Comments

• edited October 2015
    @jenafire WOW, really strong words but we really appreciate them. It's great to see such feedback here. But now, can you explain what exactly is not clear enough and difficult to understand for you? When we ask "Have you checked the documentation" it means that what you ask for what has been described there already. So what is the sense of copying the answer from the doc and pasting it on the forum. Is it so hard to read the part of documentation to which we refer to? Because we really don't know where the your problem exactly. And btw we are definitely not irritated what you can see in the tons of other topics where every day we help hundreds of people. We love it but like we wrote above, we can not duplicate answers on the same questions and that's why we link to places where this has been explained. Just for your information (because sounds like you don't know it) - Google don't like duplicate content.
  • @muffingroup I appreciate the reply and thank you for clarifying those points.  As I'm sure it's very obvious, I'm a complete novice so many things that are basic understanding for someone who knows and understands web design, are beyond me unfortunately.

To answer your question, where I get stuck is I cannot figure out where to insert the shortcode or drag the slider in the widgets sidebar.  I've read so many articles and watched so many videos (many of which don't look the same as my admin panel) that I'm completely lost on how to complete that seemingly simple (and hopefully) last step.
  • @jenafire If you want to put slider into sidebar, then you must get the slider shortcode from slider settings and then put this shortcode into "Text" widget inside sidebar. But if you want to set slider for page (under menu like we do on our demos) then you can set this slider under "Page options" section where Revolution Slider drop down field is. This section is available for each page under Muffin Builder tool.
  • Okay.. so I found the drop down menus and chose "[rev_slider alias="journalist"]" as the option.. went down to the end of the page and chose "Home Journalist, Slide 0 - (Post slide)".. still nothing appears in the slider section. When I go to the page the message reads "No slides found.  Please add at least one slide to the chosen language".
  • @jenafire Do you use WPML plugin or any other multi language tool? If yes, it means that you did not set any slides for actual language.
  • OmnilogicSystems : I've spent so much time on this! I really appreciate it that you wrote the solution! 
    It's not nice to not point people at this "tricky" way of doing this.
    I do not appreciate the muffin answer to hubtex above.
    "6000 copies downloaded" is not an indication that it works smoothly for people.
    many of these downloads were probably done by a web designer that is already familiar with Betheme and knows the "how to" - for multiple clients. 
    Thank you Omnilogic and all the best!
  • Troubleshooting Slider Revolution (abbreviate to SR in rest of post) with Betheme is ridiculous. I've got a fresh install of Wordpress 4.3.1 and the latest Slider Revolution 5.1 and using the Charity demo content in version 10.2.1 of BeTheme. I've tried all the rudimentary troubleshooting steps turning off and on where and how the script is inserted into the theme. I've tried activating the TwentyFifteen theme and SR works fine with all plugins still activated. If I switch back to Charity demo in Betheme SR stops working. I turned off EVERY plugin except SR and it STILL DID NOT WORK. Less than impressed. If someone from Betheme wants to contact me about this, I'd be more than happy to work with them. Meanwhile I'll be wasting MORE time trying to get this working. Not good.
  • @rkooistra Revolution Slider works fine with our theme and we are 100% sure about that. And if you have a problem with your version, it means that you did something wrong. If you will send us private message with more details and access to your dashboard, we'll be able to look on it.
  • Hi, do you have an updated video for Revolution Slider v5.1? The UI looks very different now.. 
  • @happydolphin No, we do not have any new video. If you want, you can check documentation for new version on http://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-revolution-documentation/

P.S. In accordance to import, there is no big difference and this part works exactly the same.
  • @muffingroup No, I am not using any other language tool or plugin
  • @jenafire So please send us private message with dashboard access and we'll see what you did wrong.
  • Hello i been trying to set up revolution slider and i did import it as a zip from revolution slider demo folder but i dont appears when i preview the site. This is the link  http://insidemedellin.com/
    Thanks
  • @dlinden2 You have "Coming soon" activated so we do not see your site and we don't know what you did exactly.
  • Hello I already fixed it, thanks. 
  • I am using BeTheme Wordpress DJ theme. When I try to import the front page slider, I get an error "Error: Could not create directory." I have tried CHMODing the slider directory, creating a directory etc, nothing works.
    So, I am trying to create the slide myself, but I can't get it to look anything like yours. I have "Home" twice below the many, The menu strip is not at the bottom and the slider graphic does not look right. 
    Can you tell me the settings that I need to put in pls? You can have a look here http://ec2-52-62-31-112.ap-southeast-2.compute.amazonaws.com/djresonant/

Also, when I create a slider manually, I cannot choose my newly created slide at the bottom of the page where you an choose the slide for the page. It just says default, even though i have created a slide. 

I have read the instructions and watched the video, but didn't help me. I just want to get my site looking like your demo, so I can then use that as a base to build my site.
    Steve
  • @stephengmorton We did checked your site and you simply did not set any slider. The settings you are asking for are individual for each slider. And because there is too many settings that comes with the slider, it's just impossible to give you all of them listed. If you want to have the same slider as on our demo, you must import it. However, if the problem is with directories and chmods, you should contact with your admin then because this should be sorted.

But, if slides are not visible under Page Options section, you should change table _prefix under Theme options > Global > Advanced section.
  • THankyou, the table prefix bit worked, now I have a slide on the homepage and I have been able to modify it to match yours. Now I can start customising. Thanks again. Steve
  • I already have the Revolutionary Slider installed.  I liked it so much that I purchased a full licence for it to get access to the premium themes.  Only problem is, when I use one of the themes for a full site the menus and footer still show up on the bottom from the Be Theme.  How do I get rid of the Be Theme stuff so that it only shows the slider theme without the Be Theme stuff showing up.

KT
  • @kojotate Do you mean to have only the content of Muffin Builder without any footer, menu and other extra stuff?
  • Hi there,
    I have just bought your theme and Im wanting to install the demo theme for Industry, Ive installed the demo content and Im now installing the rev slider but I cant find a demo rev slider to import for industry.  Please can you advise which demo rev slider I need to choose to import.
    Thank you
  • @gemstarkie There is no slider on this demo and that's why it's not included.
  • Ok thanks @muffinggroup
    But I have installed demo content choosing the industry demo but Im just getting a white screen.  I have looked through the documentation incase I have missed a step but I cant find anything.
    Please can you help? My site is here: http://goo.gl/7Jx8mJ
    Thank you
  • @gemstarkie Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine. You can see this problem on http://pasteboard.co/W1cG4Gh.png
  • i am having problem in uploading revolution slider,, pls guide
  • i am not able to upload demo, whenevry i tried to upload demo ..menu, footer duplicay and revolution slider not working, kindly help me out
  • @Parveenjainkochar Menu and footer may be duplicate because we bet you click import button several times. But slider is an external plugin and must be imported manually but this has been described on 1st place inside this topic.
  • @muffingroup do you mean these errors? I don't know how to fix these.  Ive followed your documentation on installing the theme and the demo I wanted, why would I get these errors?
  • @gemstarkie http://pasteboard.co/16wMRhMG.png - that's what we mean. As you see, the code is cut. But why? We have no idea but this is not how our original code looks like.