How to import demo slider into Be|theme using Revolution Slider?

Comments

• Sorry, I just noticed that

Thanks!
  • edited September 2016
    Hello, 
    the rev Slider Revolution plugin is properly installed, but whenever I have try to import slider (smarthome), I got an error  " Error: Could not create directory." I have read your response to stephengmorton above bu this not help.  

Also I am confused because it  is said the plugin is not activated here : wp-admin/admin.php?page=revslider&view=sliders  ... and I don't know how to activate it (though it is said to be activated in the plugin section of WP-admin). Here is my site : http://52.51.71.74/ . thanks for your help
  • @celiostat If you get "Error: Could not create directory", you need to contact with your admin/hosting provider because this is a permission issue where the www user is not allowed to create files/folders on the server which is needed. More details about similar issues you can find on plugin comments section.

But about the activation, you must misunderstood the policy because plugins bundled into themes can not be activated. Purchase codes (license keys) are not included for plugins which are bundled into theme. It’s because of Themeforest license & agreements. This applies to all themes of course. However, there is no need to use this code because the plugins are fully functional without it. If you want, you can read more details about this on Envato forum:

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/dont-work-my-purchase-code-stardust-w-revolution-slider/186285
  • Please help...I installed BeTheme and then I installed all the plugins including Revolution Slider. I then go into BeTheme Import Demo Data and import the template I want i.e. Dentist and I get the following error when I go to customize -  Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias homepage not found.

How do I fix this asap so I can see the slider???
  • @logandavid You simply didn't imported the slider and that's why got this error. We recommend to watch instructional video where we explained how to import pre-built sliders.
  • I also have the same error message.
    'Revolution Slider Error: Slider alias homepage not found. Maybe you mean 'pharmacy' or 'pharmacy1'
    I imported the pharmacy.zip silder revolution demo data into my slider revolution.
    But it doesn't work.
    I thought revolution slider is bundled with Be Theme. Can I use this without purchasing another revolution slider license? 
    It the error problem because I did not purchase the revolution slider license?
  • @yllok This means you mixed demos with sliders and now you need to select right slider under Page Options for page where you got this message.
  • hi, why in (slide Revolution demo) I bought there is no HIFI folder, and when I want to try GLASSES, was written "importing slider settings and data ...
    Error: slider_export.txt does not exist! can you help me. thank you
  • @seifenheifen Please send us dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on it closer. Please don’t forget to let us know what for the access is.
  • i already send it. please take a look. Thanks
  • edited October 2016

When i try to upload the zip called "rev slider" I get this message:

importing slider settings and data...
    Error: slider_export.txt does not exist!

Please help!
  • @mttransport What's your version of Slider Revolution plugin?
  • Hi, 

Please help me

I can’t import demo .zip exemples:

It shows HTTP Error 500 in admin-ajax.php

after uploading the .zip

• @expectolee 500 is an Internal Server Error what means you need to contact with your admin as demo simply didn't want to import because of the limits on server side. So or your admin will increase your limits or you need to import demo but without media.
  • Hello! I'm totally new and in over my head but am super trying! I am really loving BeResume. I have it uploaded and am watching your step-by-step YouTube video but when I go to my site, I'm getting: REVOLUTION SLIDER ERROR: SLIDER WITH ALIAS HOMEPAGE NOT FOUND.

I went to my dashboard under slider revolution and I have NO sliders at all... In truth the BeResume page was loading just fine for me last night but being totally new I had no idea what I was doing and I'm wondering if I deleted it at some point last night in my 2am haze of panic and despair?

Soo... yeah... this morning, as I was watching your video I realised I could re-upload it from my themeforest zip but my slider evolution file doesn't include one labelled resume. What do I do now @muffingroup?
  • Hi @TEACarr,

please tell us where did you saw slider on http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/resume/ demo? As we can see, there is no slider on this demo.
  • Hi @muffingroup, no there is no slider but I thought there should be as my page didn't want to work and kept giving me the error I was telling you about in my OP. I ended up deleting everything and starting again. Worked fine, no need of a slider install. I think I had too much going on. Have learned a lot since those intitials days. Thank =)
  • @TEACarr Ok, great. We are glad that all is fine :)
  • @logandavid You simply didn't imported the slider and that's why got this error. We recommend to watch instructional video where we explained how to import pre-built sliders.

In this instructional video did you check how he is adding the slider this is not so instructional. I keep looking for 3 days this is not user friendly for a newbie. Why you making such a good job about loading demo files and screw about uploading slider demo i don't get it. Look how it looks in my screen the instructional videos must be how we see on our screen not a special one sent by muffin group... I couldnt insert image as well it needs to be on a page etc... just unzip the revulation slider and find me the barber2 demo slider please.

• Ok @digimetriclimited so if the video is not clear enough, please follow the steps from official slider documentation https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/first-steps/#demoslider
  • hello,

i have a small problem. My slider is ending up in the body of the page . I want it in my header just like in the Betheme Demo behind the header bar. 

What am i doing wrong? 

can you maybe send some instructions on how to add rev slider properly?
  • @fasieh Please show us on the screenshot what you mean and also include link to page where you got this slider so we can have a look on it.
  • Hi there, I've just installed BeTheme and all my required plugins have installed except Slider Revolution. I get this:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /www/wp-content/plugins/revslider/

Plugin install failed.

How do I get the plugin to install? I do not the have Revolution Slider in my Wordpress Dashboard so how do I get it to work? Thanks

• @chloeokoli Remove the plugin folder first and then install it again. Or go to FTP and remove existing files and upload the newest one.

P.S. This topic concerns slider import and not its installation so we appreciate if you can do not post under the topics that are different from your question.
  • I purchased this theme in order to user the Sport theme exactly as it was shown in the demo http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/sport/

I've installed the Sport demo and imported the Sport Slider for Revolution Sliders but I keep getting the error 'Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias homepage not found'.

Also the content for Sport theme isn't appearing as shown in the sport demo site even though I have imported 'All Content'.

Please take a look at my site and see what the issue is.

Thank you

• @prideprep Looks like you did not imported the slider. Not found message means that you didn't watched our instructional video nor read any of Announcements where this has been explained. You simply didn't imported slider and that's why got this message :) So please follow the links we gave you in this message and this should help you.
  • As I said in my comment the slider has been imported. I have watched the video and followed the instructions. 
    Also I want my site to be exactly as seen in your Sport demo and as I said earlier it doesn't look the same after IMPORTING 'ALL CONTENT'http://prnt.sc/e880wq
  • Here is a screen shot of our site: http://prnt.sc/e8819s
  • @prideprep If you want, your site to be the same as Be|Sport demo, we suggest to start from the beginning because you definitely did several different imports and that's why everything is mixed right now. To remove whole data, you need to use Wordpress Reset plugin. But please remember that this plugin removes all data, like: pages, posts, settings, etc. Your Wordpress would be again as clear as after first installation. After after clearing your WordPress, please do the import of the Be|Sport demo only, following the steps from our instructional video.
  • Hi there, ok its working now.
    How do I add my own photos on the 'Sports Stars' page in the 'Sports' theme?
    Thanks