How to update Visual Composer [Visual Composer plugin update]

2»

Comments

• latest version of BE has an old version of VC.... can you please update asap. 
  • @bhillsboyoz New version would be included today.
  • I just downloaded the newest BeTheme update and I don't see the plugins folder. Please advise.
  • edited August 2017
    public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/plugins

public_html/wp-content/plugins
  • From version 20.0 the plugins are not avaliable in the plugins folder. They are downloaded from our server. This also includes theme updates and revolution sliders.
  • Can you please send me the links to your server so I can download the files?
  • No, sorry but you will have to upgrade the theme to the newest version and install the plugins from the dashboard.
    thanks
  • If i try to update the visual composer or revslider plugins via the new betheme dashboard,
    I get the following message ( Links to wp-admin/admin.php?page=be-plugins ):
    "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page."

The theme is properly registered & betheme itself auto-updates just fine.
    Deactivating the plugins takes my site down, because of some dependencies in the child-theme.
    After switching to the main betheme-item and disabling the plugins, I still have no permission to auto-update them. Any ideas?
  • Hello,
    are you logged in into the admin account?
    Have you tried disabling the plugins and then trying to update?
    Does the pre-built website installer work?
    thanks
  • Hi!

- Yes, I'm logged in with the admin account.
    - The pre-built website installer does work (Sidenote: After re-enabling it in the betheme options, otherwise it also would lead to "no permission".)
    - I also disabled revslider + vc plugins, but still got the "no permission".
  • please be so kind and send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to explain your issue in the messeage very clearly.

• edited August 2017
    I'm running the latest version of BeTheme (20.5.1). I have no ability to update VC or any of the bundled plugins. No plugins folder anymore. Should I replace the entire BeTheme (parent)? Having outdated information on how to do these updates is a bit of a nightmare.

[updated] Once I deleted the plugin via the plugins panel, (probably someone installed it separately when it wouldn't update in the past) it became available in the BeThemes options panel and updated fine.
  • I can't download theme update so now I can't get the Visual Composer plugin to upload. It says the files are empty?

I was trying to update it and I deactivated the plugin, then deleted. Now I can't get it back.
  • I'm having a problem with Visual Composer, I already install and active everything that theme required plug-ins then in page editor the VC didn't display and when i check the console this error shows "Uncaught ReferenceError: _ is not defined" my wordpress is 4.8.2. and my VC is 5.4.2. I also tried to re install the theme and the wordpress but still didn't work. 
  • rmcginnis Please show us the error message.
    hsural
    Please disable all plugins first, and send a link to your website.
  • edited October 2017
    here is the link innoflow.comfactechoptions.com
    i already disabled the plug-ins.  
  • no not in the page view.

Here. https://prntscr.com/h1n4zi

I activate the Visual Composer.
  • Okay, please try to reinstall the plugin and if this does not help, try to reinstall the theme.
  • Hi, from yesterday, without user action, Visual composer seems deactivated... I'm unable to activate or update. If I try to activate (with massive action) I get: No plugins are available to be activated at this time.

Any idea????

• spassiatore
    Can you try disabling all plugins and try to activate VC?
    This may be cause by limits on your server.
  • I'm having the same issue others are when trying to update any plugins which are included with the BeTheme. This includes Visual Composer. Not only this but the previous version stops working thus content is not correctly rendered. I have the following error:

Installing Plugin: Visual Composer

Downloading install package from http://api.muffingroup.com/plugins/download.php?code=[my_valid_license_key_has_been_removed]&plugin=js_composer

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

The package could not be installed. The plugin contains no files.

Plugin install failed.

BeTheme v20.7
    WP 4.8.3
    Fresh EC2 (Bitnami WordPress AMI) (Ubuntu 14.04)

Server Environment

• Server Info Apache
    • MySQL Version 5.7.19
    • PHP Version  7.0.21
    • PHP Memory Limit  256 MB
    • PHP Time Limit  180
    • PHP Max Input Vars  5000
    • WP Max Upload Size 40 MB
    fsockopen/cURL are enabled

Do you think I'm missing something in my PHP installation that's required for downloading? I'm really at a loss and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• "Okay, please try to reinstall the plugin and if this does not help, try to reinstall the theme."

I'm Still having the issue. 
  • Hi,
    this error "The package could not be installed. The package contains no files." means that you have not deregistered the website before moving. Please deregister it on both domains and register again on the new one. If this is not possible then please send a request
    thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact
    Please attach your license key in the message.
    thanks
  • Sir I have just purchase your theme yesterday.  I think the purchase code registered doesn't work... it return empty file. i have sent you message with the purchase code to the themeforest contact.
  • edited November 2017
    finally it works...
    have to make it insecure for the root folder to install
    sudo chown -R www-data /var/www/html
    after this, it can download and install the premium plugin
    after install then revert it to secure user
    sudo chown -R myusername /var/www/html
  • edited November 2017
    My problem:

Download the update from http://api.muffingroup.com/plugins/download.php?code=d-086c-48e7-9a86-c864b4378866&plugin=js_composer ...

Unzip the updated version ...

The current version is being installed ...

The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Plugin update failed.

My side: http://www.agilityhuerden.de

An error occurred while updating Visual Composer:
    The package could not be installed.
    The package contains no files.

An error occurred while updating Slider Revolution:

An error occurred while updating Layer Slider:
  • AndreaNee

Hi,
    This error "The package could not be installed. The package contains no files." means that you have not deregistered the website before moving. Please deregister it on both domains and register again on the new one. If this is not possible, then please send a request
    thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact

Notice!
    Please attach your license key in the message.

thanks