How to add page options to a custom post type

Hi,

I am using Custom Post Type (UI) to add a custom post type called 'trails'. I would like to use the page options in this custom post type but they do not appear. I had the same issue with the visual composer but in the Visual Composer > General Settings > Role Manager I can simply tick the box with my custom post to type to enable the visual composer on these pages. How can I add the Muffin Builder page options to a CPT?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

what you ask for, requires files customization. We suggest to check our own post types under /includes/ folder and see how it was done.

Thanks!
  • Use the following code in your functions.php file but replace the CUSTOM_POST_TYPE in the code below.  If you run into any problems you can customize and change any of the name conventions in the code below but leave the final settings under add_meta_box  -> 'normal', 'default'

COPY BELOW

add_action('admin_menu', 'custom_post_create_meta_box');

function custom_post_create_meta_box() {
    if ( function_exists('add_meta_box') ) {
    add_meta_box( 'muffin_meta_box_custom', 'Muffin Settings', 'muffin_meta_box_custom', 'CUSTOM_POST_TYPE', 'normal', 'default' );
    }
    }
  • Hi, i think the code doesn't work anymore?
  • @schaabpr
    Sorry but we do not know, this is custom code and we do not support such changes.