All Menus and Headers Look Ugly and/or Break My Page

So I tested with a lot of Menu Header styles to see one that worked, and all of them have problems, become misaligned, break on different screen resolution, mess with the symmetry of the page or some other odd thing.

The only one I managed to get to work minimally well was the Classic Menu.

Of all the options, it's the only one that works, but even that one has a problem:

When I add more than a few links to the menu, it breaks as you can see in the images:

This happens when the width of the page is not large enough for all the links to fit.

The other ones are all buggy or look awful. Some show on top of the slider and totally mess it up, totally senseless.

I tried to cope up with these problems and try to find a workaround, I tried to put everything under a drop down menu, but the problem is that it doesn't work on mobile, because touch devices do not have the hover function.

So yeah... the only option I thought worked doesn't... this is pretty annoying, I don't even have a menu on my website now that doesn't look very bad.

I would prefer if all your options at least worked somewhat well and didn't start conflicting with either the slider, the general layout of the page, or even with themselves, like this case...

But yeah, I am not sure which of these problems will be solved. At least by finding a way to have this 1 slider work would be ok. I will have to commit to just 1 menu, but if I could have other options would be better.

I would like a resolution to all these problems, because I also need a drop down menu that works on mobile.

For example, this is how the Modern one looks:

Can I please have at least one sane option that doesn't look bad and doesn't break? Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

we are sorry but this is how header works. If you add more menu items that it is possible to put into one line, your menu will not look good. However, we do not understand why the slider breaks when you add more menu items. That's definitely weird so would be great if you can send us link to page where slider breaks so we can have a look on it closer.

Thanks!
  • What happens is that the menus show on top of the Slider, other than the Classic or Plain. 

I tried to create a dropdown menu to solve this issue, but it doens't work, because when I tap it on mobile it doesn't dropdown like it should, it only works with :hover:, but there's no :hover: on touch devices.

So basically nothing is working here on my side =/

Even if you find a way for the menus to show correctly, eventually I may want to have drop down menus nonetheless, so I also need a solution to that problem.

PS: The website is http://mywebsecrets.com/
  • edited May 2016
    Also there's another problem, the responsive version of the website for smartphones looks bad as well.

If the responsive version of the website looked good, it would partially solve this issue, including the menu problem.

On The responsive version of my website, not only does it look very bland and uninteresting it has functional problems and design problems.

To begin with, the sliding top shows over the action bar, this is senseless.

Also, the action bar is misaligned, and it is all the way on the left.

Is there a way to have a good looking, functional responsive website? I had to disable it, it looked awful. Now I enabled it so you can take a look.
  • A possible solution would be to make the Menu Responsive, but not the rest of the website, this way I think we wouldn't have this problem.

But still, I think all features should work, why do I need to think of workarounds that I can't even apply? =/
  • Thanks for the link. As we can see, you turned off Responsive mode and that's why headers, menu and other stuff looks ugly on mobile. If you want them to look properly, you should turn on Responsive mode under Theme options > Responsive section.
  • What? I just told you the responsive version looks awful and it's turned on...

For your information, the responsive version looks way worse than non responsive. I am embarrassed about it...

Did you even read my posts?
  • Guys... this has got to be a joke... I turned the responsive option just so you could look at it, and I am very embarrassed about leaving my website in that state just so you can see what I am talking about, but you are completely ignoring it.

For how long do I need to leave the website broken so you can look at it?

I really want to turn the responsive mode off, because it's hideous as anyone can see, please take a look at it ASAP so I can turn it off.

Nothing is working. Why did you ignore most of my questions?

I also asked about the other menus, and I asked about the drop down menu, and you just ignored 90% of what I said....
  • How is this possible? I write 3 posts detailing all the issues, and all I get is this? Telling me to turn something that I already, and explicitly told you is turned on, and is actually turned on, and is an actual problem, not a solution, it's actually the most broken of all solution, with the sliding top covering the action bar, the action button misaligned, the overall look is disappointing and bland.

• I understand you guys may be busy... but please at least read my posts, and answer my questions.
  • PS: How do I put the logo on the left instead of having it centered on mobile? Looks weird in the middle.
  • edited May 2016
    I have made some changes so that it looks minimally ok on mobile. But still I feel it is very limited in regards to the menus that I can choose as they break the slider, as you can see on the image I sent you.

I am still not very satisfied with the lack of options for customizing the responsive version of the website.
  • From what we read, the problem was with the responsiveness of the mobile menu and the problem was related with responsive mode which was off. As we can see, you activated Responsive now and it looks good. We really do not understand what exactly still doesn't look good. Would be great if you can send us private message with dashboard access so we can have a look on it closer if something still doesn't look good.

P.S. Posting so many messages won't speed up anything. We suggest to check our profile's page where you can read details about what time and when we work. If you will read this, you understand that we do not work on the weekends (the time when you posed all those questions).

Thanks
  • Thanks for replying, but I detailed many problems.

Let's go one by one since you tend to just ignore me.

I already posted this image:

This is the Modern menu, which shows on top of the revolution slider.

WHy does this happen?

This is just an example, if you want to answer to all of my issues, please read again.

Why did you ignore this main issue of most menus not looking ok?

I had to so some compromises to get the website to work on mobile, for example, I had to change the sliding top to show on the left.
  • We are not ignoring you. Just because you posted so many message at once, it's confusing and we don't know where to look. So would be great if you can do not spam forum with so many messages in the future.

Anyway, we saw this image and we do not see anything wrong there. The header looks just as supposed to look like so we do not understand what wrong you see exactly on that image. So would be great if you can explain what exactly does not work for you on this image.

However, if you have more issues, please post them in points in private message with dashboard access to your site.
  • edited May 2016
    I already told you, it's on top of the slider. I told you three times, it's explained in the last post as well....

This is the Modern menu, which shows on top of the revolution slider.

WHy does this happen?"

If you say you are not ignoring me why didn't you answer this question?
  • But like we wrote above, we do not see anything wrong on that screenshot. Modern header looks exactly as supposed to look like and we really don't understand what you mean and what does not look good in your mind. It just looks exactly the same as on our demos. We just completely don't get it.

Anyway, like we wrote above, please explain it to us in private message where you can provide dashboard access so we can have a look on it closer.
  • edited May 2016
    I don't want it to show on top of the slider, the slider should not have  a menu on top of it. Do you understand me now?

Or is the menu supposed to hide parts of the slider?
  • This is how this header type supposed to work exactly. Yes, it supposed to hide parts of the slider what you can see on http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/ - if you don't like it, just switch to another header type.
  • Ok, thanks for explaining the issue. I will stick with another header then.