Display Portfolio Links as Lightbox Links Only

Is there an option, or means of configuration, to display only the lightbox zoom/popup of a portfolio item when clicked, as opposed to taking a viewer to the actual portfolio item posting?

Our dilemma is this:

Our front page displays our portfolio items, as configured through a static homepage and muffin page builder. We would like viewers to be presented with a larger, non cropped lightbox version of the portfolio grid item when clicked, rather than taken to another page. However, whenever a portfolio item is clicked within our portfolio grid section, the viewer is taken to the portfolio item's unique page. We have found it gets confusing for people and would rather keep all activity on the front page.

Can you recommend a means for achieving this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hey,

we are not sure if we understand you question. You mean to open portfolio image in popup window instead of linking to individual page? If this is what you mean, then at this moment it is unfortunately not possible but we have this feature on customer`s wishlist and hope to add it soon.

Thanks!
  • Apologies for the the apparent vague-ness of my question.

I think that you have understood it though.

Thank you for your response.
  • Hi there,

exactly the same feature would be a perfect fit for my new website I'm building at this moment. If this is a planned feature for one of the next updates, please send me a line :)

Thanks,
    Gabor.
  • i need the feature too. its the most importen feature for an gallery. maybe i need a solution for simple deactivate the link button in the portfolio image?
  • As we wrote, at this moment it is not possible and we'll think about it. But can you tell why you can't use gallery instead?
  • I think what we need is a brief explanation regarding the implementation of a gallery in the context you are referring.

For instance the function of the B&W example of the BeTheme is what, I believe, everyone here is concerned with achieving. A 'portfolio' grid, that when a cropped thumbnail of the image is clicked, a lightbox function is activated showcases the original image in full resolution.

I am assuming by 'Gallery' you are referring to Wordpress' native 'add gallery' media option within the standard post editor. This has not worked well for me personally, in that it inserts media just as one would expect; full res and original aspect ratio.

I think we would all benefit from an explanation of hos the B&W BeTheme front page was created.

Thank you in advance.
  • @novomotus IF you want to know what we did to create B&W page, then just have a look at http://snag.gy/lo2m1.jpg

Inside most important item "Column (Gallery)" we used below code:

[gallery columns="4" link="file" ids="23,22,20,21,18,24,25,26,27,28,33,30,19,31,32,29" style="flat" greyscale="1"]

And this is all we did to create gallery for B&W page.
  • Thank you very much for the insight into the B&W.

It is always enlightening to see how certain tools can be used.

Thank you also for the quickness of your response.
  • Also, is there a resource available that lists the types of shorthand codes BeTheme understands? For instance, I don't recognize the style="flat" , or the greyscale="1" command from any of the shortcode resource lists for this theme?

I am just curious as to others that I may have missed.
  • Those attributes can be used only for gallery.