Cleanin Up Home Page and Adding Contact Form to Revolution Slider

Hello!

Firstly, I just wanted to say that I love your theme! I was a bit overwhelmed at first by all of the options, but with a few hours of "dabbling", I was able to develop a pretty firm understanding of the available features. However, I have encountered some issues and was hoping you could help me address them. The website can be seen at http://www.2ndchanceinsurance.com, and the issues are as follows:

1. I am trying to have the revolution slider display above the "What Type of Insurance Quote Do You Need?" H1 (which is a fancy heading) - how do I go about doing this?
  2. Why am I not able to type in my name, email, phone number, or select anything from the multiple choice box for the contact form?
  3. How do I get rid of the dark gray triangle drop down box in the top right corner?
  4. I love the boxed width, but there are two issues with it:
  5. Final question: I like how the logo overlaps the fixed header when you scroll down, but it seems to hide behind the top nav bar on other pages (see http://www.2ndchanceinsurance.com/sr-22-insurance/ for an example).

I apologize for the large amount of requests. I'm the type of person to try and figure everything out myself, but I've been working on all of these for 6 hours straight and am just having NO luck. Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to your response!

Best Regards,

Matt Dimock

Comments

• I thought of one last question after I submitted the above:

1. How can I change the background color to #F3F3F3? I tried changing it in the Colors > General section, but it changed the background color for the box as well.I just want the outside perimeter to be that color and the box to remain #FFFFFF.

Best,

Matt
  • Hey,

1. If you want to use revolution slider inside content, then you must play with shortcode. Just put slider as shortcode inside content "Column" item for example which is included into Muffin Builder.

2. Where exactly this happen? Please make a screenshot of what you mean because we don`t understand.

3. Theme options > Layout > Header section. Option is called "Sliding top".

4. It is not possible to change width for boxed. We only have 1240 and 960px grid layouts and boxed version is available only with those 2 versions. About padding please make a screenshot of what you mean and we`ll have a look on it.

5. To increase header height, please use below css:
    .header-classic #Top_bar { height: 170px; }
  • edited November 2014
    Thank you for your prompt response!

1. I placed the revolution short code within a column page option and it worked almost wonderfully! There are now two issues I'm experiencing as a result of this.
      • I've attempted to reconfigure the settings in various ways for the slide on my revolution slider (displayed on the home page), but for the life of me can't figure out why I cannot input data on the contact form on my home page. It allows me to click send, but it doesn't allow me to input data. How can I fix this so one can fill out the form and then submit the data?
      • When force full width is selected as "Off" in the revolution slider, the chosen background image works perfectly fine. But when I mark force full width as "On", it goes blank (this is again in regards to the slider on the home page - www.2ndchanceinsurance.com). How do I get the revolution slider to show my background image?
    • Using the CSS you provided for increasing the header height worked, but it made the fixed header larger than I would prefer. Is there a way to keep it at the same height it is at right now, but have the logo display on top of the gray header banner (refer to http://www.2ndchanceinsurance.com/blog/ for an example)? You can see a screenshot portraying what I want done below:
      • image.
    Thanks again for all of the help!

Best,

Matt
  • 1. We realized yesterday that ThemePunch guys did something wrong with Revolution Slider and unfortunately contact form 7 does not work properly inside this slider. We spent over 2 hours on it yesterday, we removed whole css and javascript and still does not work what means the problem is with revolution slider. Hope plugin`s author will fix it with future updates.

2. The only solution we have for you is below css that will move logo up on all pages that are not homepage:
    body:not(.home) #Top_bar .logo { margin-top: -30px !important; }
  • I've followed up with Revolution Sliders support team regarding the issue of the background image not showing on forced full width, and also regarding not being able to enter data into the contact form fields. I'll let you know if I find a solution, so anyone else with the issue can fix it as well.

Regarding my 2nd point; your solution wasn't good enough. It ended up cutting off some of the top of the logo, as it pushed it off screen. I did a little bit of research and found that z-index helps prioritize the stacking order of elements. With a little bit of tweaking, I was able to come up with the perfect solution. For your own knowledge, the CSS that did the trick is as follows:

body:not(.home) #Top_bar .logo { position: absolute; z-index: 1; }
  • Ok then. If you say that this one is much better then thanks a lot for explanation.
  • Hey, I just wanted to follow up regarding the issue with not being able to enter any data within the fields for the contact form; apparently using the contact form within the Revolution Slider is not currently compatible when mobile touch is turned on. So in order to make that work, you need to turn Mobile Touch off.

The only problem that remains for me is that the background image doesn't work when it's set to "Force Full Width" in the Revolution Slider. I followed up with their customer support (which can be viewed at http://themepunch.ticksy.com/ticket/323757) and they asked me to reach out to you to get an updated version of the plugin. Are you able to provide that to me, as it doesn't appear I can download this exclusively from ThemeForest? Please advise.
  • @Mattdim805 Yes, we know about Contact Form 7 and Revolution Slider issue because we talked with ThemePunch yesterday and they told us that "Mobile Touch" option is not compatible with Contact Form 7 so as we wrote before this problem, this problem is not related with theme at all :)

About revolution slider version, as we see they updated slider today. We'll update slider version tomorrow with theme update then.
  • Will the theme update show up as a notification within my WordPress admin panel? You had mentioned you were going to put it out yesterday and I don't see it; just want to be certain I don't have to manually download it somewhere else.
  • We do not have any notifications about updates in theme panel. All information about update you should get from themeforest if you checked option to be informed about updates. But all info about what has been changed and when you can read at http://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048 in "Updates & Changelog" section.
  • Hey guys.

I installed the latest version of your theme (version 5.4), and the Revolution Slider is still showing version 4.6.0, but the support team at ThemePunch stated the most recent version of the plugin is actually version 4.6.3. When are you going to update your theme to include their most recent version? I thought that was going to be included in this last WordPress update you provided?
  • Where did you read that slider version comes automatically with theme update? Because if you will loot at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/5/how-to-update-revolution-slider you will know how to update slider properly.
  • It was a miscommunication; I assumed that was the case based off of your previous message. Anyways, I found out that I could manually update the Revolution Slider plugin by clicking the Manual Update button in the bottom right corner of the settings screen for that plugin in the WP-Admin dashboard. However, that still didn't resolve the issue.

After a bit of back and forth with the Revolution Slider support team, they suggested I use the following custom CSS, which fixed the issue of the background image not showing when using the force full width option:

.rev_slider {

background: url(http://www.2ndchanceinsurance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/progressive-background-e1410466783592.jpg) no-repeat center center !important;
    background-size: cover !important;

}

As such, you can now close out this ticket and mark it as resolved. Thanks for the help!

This discussion has been closed.