Demo data import not displaying as intended

Team,

My site: blog.safariltd.com 

I can give you log in, if needed. 

ISSUE: I installed theme and import demo data for BeLifestyle and the result is not as desired. Homepage looks incomplete compared to the one promoted on Betheme. Also, the menu has many duplicates. Please advise. 

Comments

• Hi,

Looks like your server does not support wp_remote_get() function which is a default WP function btw. wp_remote_get() uses loopbacks and this could be the reason why you are unable to import complete pre-made layout. So or you will contact with your admin and ask him if he can remove those limits for you or you need to import demo without paying attention to errors and after that import muffin options manually.

More details about similar issue you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/12103/wp-remote-get-demo-download-no-header-menu-of-footer-settings where a problem was a little bit different but the solution may work for you as well.

Thanks!
  • can you please explain further....our server rackspace informed us that our server does indeed support wp_remote_get()

any chance it is something else?
  • Please give me a step by step on manual importing the demo data for LIFESTYLE. 

I did the manual way as you instructed, buy my homepage still does not look like the homepage of Lifestyle. 

Please advise. Thank you 
  • It is not true. If your site looks like on the screenshot after demo import, it means your server is incompatible with wp_remote_get(). Your host is definitely wrong. If your host support wp_remote_get(), ask them what is the limit for the loopbacks connections that are used by this function?

The only way to import settings manually, we described above and there is no other way to do the import.