Importing WC-template without affecting rest of site

Hi muffins,

I'm looking for an answer which I couldn't solve so far.

I build my page with muffin builder and now I installed WC. But the checkout-layout I see now, I don't like. Instead I like the layout of your "Be Cosmetics" example.

Now my question is: Is it possible to import to my existing site ONLY the layout of your BeCosmetics for WC - of course without affecting/crashing the layout of the rest of my site!?

my site is: www.pader-deko.de
shop is on: www.pader-deko.de/shop

Looking forward to your hints. Thx!

Comments

• Hi,

we are sorry but it is not possible unfortunately. To import one of our pre-built websites, your current layouts and settings would be replaced with the settings of pre-built demo.

Thanks!
  • Ok, I was afraid that would be your answer...

Maybe you could think about such functionality for future updates. You read a lot of such whishes in this forum so why not setting it on your agenda.

My idea is that you can import single sites of your demo-content - in my case I'd like to have the content only for my woocommerce. What about XML files of your demo content?

Thanks for listening
  • That would be great but it's technically impossible to search Wordpress and find only those stuff that has been imported. It's just technically impossible.
  • How do you create your templates for Woocommerce? Do you use Muffin Builder or do you write everything "by hand"?

I'm searching for a possibility to change the design of the Woocommerce checkout and order-templates. Like you do ;)
  • WooCommerce pages are only styled by us. We do not use any Muffin Builder. We only overwrite default styles of WooCommerce plugin.
  • edited July 2016
    Ok. Could you give me a hint, where I can find these pages and how I'd change them for my purposes - and of course in a way, that I don't crash the rest of my site which was also created with Muffin Builder.

Thx!
  • All WooCommerce files are located under /woocommerce/ folder and the only way to do any changes are files modification.
  • But that means when updates come out, the modifications will be lost - or how could the changes be preserved?

How do you safe your customizations on WooCommerce templates/files when a new version of WC is launched?
  • Yes, this is true. So if you don't want to lose them, you need to copy these files after modification so you can copy them back if you will forget to do not copy them in the future.