Stop/deactivate portafolio linking to items.

I have a Portfolio Slider but i don't want individual items to be clickable. 

Comments

• Hi,

we are sorry but we do not have an option to make portfolio items not clickable?
  • Hello,

If you don't have an option to disable the links, do you have an option where we can link the title to the external page (Website field)?
  • edited July 2016
    @Frugl Yes, we have such option. Website link you can set under portfolio settings but under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio section you can change Project Link.
  • Perfect :-) One more question and I'll leave you alone. How can we change the the icon forward to something else? For example a button with some text or just the words 'Read More' or something like that? I'm using a child theme so feel free to let me know if I've to edit the theme files to achieve that.
  • @Frugl Like you mentioned, this requires files customization and won't be possible to be achieved with css.
  • Please give me the file customisation instructions and I'll try to handle it. I spent some time to locate the files but couldn't do it.Cheers,
  • In reference to Item Support Policy files customization are not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you need to contact with your web developer.
  • Hello, we are not asking you to customise anything for us. All we ask is to let us know location of the files within so we can do it by ourself.
  • Ok. So if you ask for a file only, please send us link to page that you want to edit and we will tell you which file is responsible for that kind of page.
  • Is there a way for us to send you access details in a private message as the site is currently behind a coming soon message? Cheers.
  • Ignore the previous comment as the site is now live. Please click here to access it. For Press and My Writing sections we use Portfolio items. All we need is for us to find out which file(s) hold the code segments for those so we can customise the 'external link' by ourselves. Thanks.
  • This is Portfolio item but all items/shortcodes are located under functions/theme-shortcodes.php file.
  • edited August 2016
    Could you kindly double-check if that's the right file please? Basically we tested every Portfolio related section in that file without any luck. We even commented out entire chunks of it but the front-end was working fine so we are inclined to believe that external link comes from somewhere else. All we need is to replace the external link with a button/text to say 'Read More' as the existing link arrow is not obvious and we are getting complaints about the site not having proper CTAs.Here's the link to it:

• Yes, we are 10000% sure about that. This file is responsible for all shortcodes/items. The files under includes/ folder are responsible for individual pages.
  • edited August 2016
    OK let me confirm you that you were 10000% wrong! The file responsible for that particular change I requested is inside the includes folder. For future reference, it's the 'content-portfolio.php' file. Thanks for directing me the right place using a wrong answer :-)
  • content-portfolio.php is responsible for portfolio page itself but you were asking about portfolio ITEMS and for those, theme-shortcodes.php is responsible. So or you asked the wrong question or you were looking for a different thing that you stated in your message above.
  • Not sure how I can ask the wrong question, after all I gave you the link to the page and named the 2 sections clearly (3rd of August). It's a single page site as you can see. And you can go back to the page to see the changes I've made. For those changes I didn't even touch the theme-shortcodes.php file. To replace the external link icon with a button we had to modify the content-portfolio.php. 10000% sure. Don't ask me how or why as I've no clue but that's how it worked, not through the theme-shortcodes.php.