How to apply Static.css

Hey guys,

I have already trying to browsing the forum back and forth, but I still confused about how to apply static.css

Can u give me the explanation in detail how to apply this?

Based on this http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#static-css and my theme version already beyond 9.6

Already trying to find the styles mention in the documentation in header.php and not finding them, I'm afraid to have mistaken here, because the styles that look alike in the documentation can be found in style.php and style-colors.php.

So I somewhat confused what to do, am I to copy from style.php and style-colors.php OR from header.php, if from header.php what section do I copy?

And in the style-static.css
/* 
* Static CSS Styles
* Place static CSS styles here.
* For more info please see: http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#static-css
*/

/* paste header dynamic styles content below */

I see 2 section in here
1. for "Place static CSS styles here."
2. for "paste header dynamic styles content below"

Can you give detail what to in here?
Like:
1. Copy Paste the style.php
2. Copy Paste the style-colors.php?
What to do in precise in here?

Really need to apply this to improve my web page speed.

Thanks for the help guys

Comments

• Hi,

if you use such an old version where style.php and style-colors.php files were supported, you need to follow the steps from above documentation before the UPDATE!!! note where we also explained how to copy it's css. All you need to do is open those files in the browser and copy it's results. So the steps are following:

1st step - open style.php file in browser.
    2nd step - copy it's result and paste into style-static.css file.
    3rd step - open style-colors.php file in browser as well.
    4th step - copy it's content the same way as in 2nd step.
    5th step - go to Theme options > Global > Advanced section and activate Static CSS option.

That's all you need to do.
  • Hi,

Thank you guys. Gonna try this one.
  • edited April 2018
    Hello there, just to make sure: What if i have enabled static css and need to edit something and then return to static? 

Should i deactivate the Static CSS Option, edit, publish, and the repeat the steps? 

Thx in advance

P.s: I don't know why i can't edit my profile picture... i'm not angry at all with this theme, it's a life saver.
  • Hi,
    the profile picture is not really related to the theme because it is a wordpress feature.
    Yes, you should disable the static css and then create it again after you make the changes.
    thanks