After updating from v11 to v14.4 theme is messed up

I've updated from Theme v11 to the latest one. After that, some of the theme's features has become messed up. On one page, muffin builder doesn't save elements, on other pages the tabs don't hold the content correctly.

On breadcrumbs, instead of the ">" there the letter "E"

This is the website: http://michaeltzvi.co.il/פרסומים/ (password is 5101993).

Please see breadcrumbs (there is the letter "E" instead of ">").

Muffin builder doesn't save elements (there should be more icons at the bottom but they are not being saved) 

Comments

• Hi,

in reference to breadcrumb icons, you need to use the following css:
    .breadcrumbs .icon-right-open::before {
        content: "\e8b7";
    }
    But about the second question, please send us dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to attach link to current topic so we know what for the access is.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. 

I have sent you a private message.
  • I've just noticed the the "mess" problem is only on RTL. I just switched the language to english (so you can access the panel) and the features are fine again (except the saving problem). 

Also (I guess it's not a bug), I don't think that switching the admin language to English should switch the entire site to LTR. I've changed the language to English for you so you can use the admin and the site is fine again.
  • Sorry for the long follow up - the breadcrumb code also only works with respect to the LTR language. It doesn't work with RTL (hebrew) so it doesn't fix the breadcrumbs.
  • Any progress?
  • As far as we know, all details were sent on your e-mail on 30th of August. So we recommend to check your inbox/spambox. So if something still does not work, please reply on private message where my college has all details instead of here.
  • I haven't received any e-mail. Checked the spam folder. Please send again: [email protected]

Thanks
  • We re-sent the e-mail on your address set on Themeforest. It's [email protected]
  • I have received it thanks (it went to the spambox), it solved the issue with not being able post more content on a single page, but there are still issues about RTL not showing correctly and the breadcrumbs (the solution you provided above with the css hack didn't seem to do anything). 

I will conclude the problems:
    1. The page is not showing correctly when using tabs on RTL. Please see link
    2. Breadcrumbs show the letter "E" instead of "<". Please see link
    3. Zoom Animation disappears after playing. Link (it works well on Fade in animation).

All these bugs came up after updating from V11 to the latest one.

thank you.
  • 1. As we can see, you use Visual Composer which is external plugin and is not RTL ready. If you build RTL site, you supposed to use our Muffin Builder instead.

2. Breadcrumbs were recently fixed so we recommend to update theme to latest version.

3. It is not allowed to use special characters in files name while your file name is http://www.michaeltzvi.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/משפט-3.png - it is possible to use standard characters only.
  • edited September 2016
    I don't understand your answer and it is not correct. You suggest that it's VCs fault? Everything worked fine with Betheme V11.

Moreover, you supply VC with the theme so it's only natural that the theme will work with the provided plugins. With all the respect to MuffinBuilder (which I do use across the site), it lacks many features that are complemented in VC. I'm sure that if VC was not to work with BeTheme, people wouldn't buy this theme at all. I repeat again that everything worked perfectly fine until version 11 so you can't blame VC for that.

About the special characters in clause 3 of your answer - again - everything worked fine since V11 (even since version 9), and even more - it works perfectly fine with "Fadein" animation. If there was any problem with character names - it should have not worked with all animation and not just with some.
    So conclusion is that these bugs are not related to character names and I'm not going to change all 1000 files I have. The problem is with the theme and not with the files.

Regarding breadcrumbs: I have just updated to the latest version (14.5) and it is still the same.
  • 1. We do not suggest it. We are just telling you how the truth looks like. That's why Visual Composer is just an external plugin for those who knows how it works as what kind of limits it has. Visual Composer plugin was never RTL ready and from what we know, it still wasn't made to be compatible with RTL format. And because we do not have any impact on it, there is nothing what we can do in this matter. You can contact with VC author and he would tell you the same thing.

2. Please change the file name for one image then and check if it's not a reason because we are pretty sure that's the reason. But if it's not the reason, then please send us link to page where you have regular file names with this item and it does not work.

3. It's not true. If you look at http://pasteboard.co/hzgVBIRWn.png you see that the icons works fine after update and this mistake was made on our side and that's why we fixed it. So if the characters didn't changed on your site, it means it's because of your cache.
  • 1. Regarding the breadcrumbs it's fixed now, thanks. Must've been the cache.
    2. Regarding the file name - I have too many files to change and the bug is only with the Zoom effect (as far as I've checked). If the problem was indeed in the file, so it is only natural that it wouldn't have worked with other animations.

3. Now regarding the VC issue:

A) I would like to point you to your theme page, and I quote: "Building website from scratch is easy. No coding skills required!!! Muffin Builder or Visual Composer"

B) And later on: "RTL (Right to Left) is fully supported by this theme. you don't need to worry anymore because it works automatically".

C) In the support policy it states clearly: "Help with included 3rd party assets"

D) The fact as I've mentioned earlier: Same "external VC" plugin works fine with SAME Betheme version 11, but does NOT work on version 14 and up. SAME VC works on OTHER sites with different themes (RTL). So, if the same plugin (latest version) works with the same theme (V11) but it doesn't work with that exact theme in V14, the only logic explanation is that the problem is with the theme and NOT with the plugin.

After all mentioned above, please provide a fix for that.

• You must definitely misunderstood the policy and the theme description. RTL IS SUPPORTED BY THEME, BUT NOT BY PLUGIN (we have no impact on how plugins works). You need to split THEME and PLUGINS because these are 2 completely different things. Plugins are only addons and theme need to work properly without them what means we can not force users to install plugins which are too heavy for many user hosting services. So sorry but we are not going to fix something what does not belong to us and on what we have no impact. If you want VC plugin to be RTL ready, you should contact with plugin's author.

P.S. If you will read Item Support Policy more carefully, you will see the following statement which says that files customization/modification are not included:

Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio.
  • edited September 2016
    It seems that you've deliberately skipped the bottom line of my previous post: The bug is NOT in the external plugin but in the THEME which you must provide support for. I understand that it's easier to blame the external plugin for it, but that's not the case, and we are not talking about customization as you try to present.

Do I really need to waste my time to install a clone for that same site just to show you that the same site works with V11 and does not work with V14? The problem is in the theme not the plugin!

I must admit I am truly disappointed with your response, being a PowerElite author on Envato. It seems that your support is limited to minor issues that can be solved via out-of-the-box solution.
  • We are sorry but we can not agree with you unfortunately because nothing has changed in theme since version 11 and we are sure about it because we checked. VC was working exactly the same with 11 as with version 14. So please do not blame us for that because it has nothing to theme. Just ask plugin's author yourself and he would tell you the same that Visual Composer is not RTL ready and never wasn't. Just take a look on the following screenshot http://pasteboard.co/d43fxPwY.png where you have plugin's author official answer about VC and RTL. Maybe this would be the proof that we are telling you the truth and if something was working in version 11, it means something it wasn't the original version of VC plugin.
  • edited September 2016
    It seems there is no choice but to clone this site and use it with version 11 to show you that it worked fine before. This site is not new, it's been up for more than a year with Betheme since version 8 and nothing changed. 

I will have to make a clone to show you it's the theme's problem and not VC.

Let's make a deal - if I prove you it worked in version 11, you'll give me a new free license, if it will not work in v11 - I will buy a new license. Agreed?
  • Sorry but we can not agree on anything like this because all licenses are provided by Envato and we have no impact on it. And there is no need to proof anything because we already proofed above that Visual Composer was never RTL ready. We spoke about it many times with the author and they do not have any plans to make it RTL ready.
  • edited September 2016
    I feel we are going in circles. I understand that VC is not RTL ready, but as I've told you several times already, the problem is NOT with VC. Do you think I'm making it up?! 

If the site worked fine with the same VC on your template V11, then there is not problem, and when in version 14 it stops working, again with the same VC version, then the problem is with the theme and not the plugin. I know what I'm talking about I have this site for over a year with your theme and VC. 

You are trying to grasp on the fact that it's external plugin just to get away from providing support, and this is unacceptable. 

Same goes with animation effect - you say the problem is with filenames, but the site hasn't been touched for one year and it worked + other animations work fine.

You are forcing me to waste my time and try to prove you it's your theme's bug, by trying to blame someone else. 
  • edited September 2016
    Here, I've changed the file name (link) (site password: 5101993).

Now I've used a different file which I saved in English: http://michaeltzvi.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sentence3.png

The animation disappears after playing (it wasn't like that before the upgrade to v14). So what is your excuse now? Still not your bug? It's a new file now. 
  • Disappearing animation is the result of your extra plugin http://michaeltzvi.co.il/wp-content/plugins/elementor/assets/css/animations.min.css so as you can see it has nothing to theme. There is no need to be rude because as you see, it does not work as should because of your extra plugins.

P.S. We are closing this topic because we do not see any sense of replying in 2 different places.

This discussion has been closed.