Hidden subheader - cloaking

Hi

I've chosen to hide the subheader in the theme options. However, when I view the source code of my page, the subheader still appears, complete with the h1. This means that search engines see something that users don't see which, as you know, is cloaking.

Please tell me how I can resolve this.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

please make sure that you don't use cache because this could be the main reason why in muffin options section has been removed but you still see it in front-end.
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply.  There is no caching.   In the theme options I have subheader visibility set to "hide breadcrumbs" because this is what I want as the default setting. Then, in an individual post I switch on "title area hide".  The subheader still shows in the source code but is hidden on the page.  This must mean that it is only hidden by CSS and not actually removed from the page code if you select this option.

This is a big issue for me which I really need to resolve.

Many thanks
  • This is how it supposed to work and it is not a bug. But we'll think while next update to do it as you need.
  • Ok thanks - I'll make some modifications to my theme code to resolve this then.

Please do consider changing this in a future update - anyone thinking about SEO should be concerned about this as cloaking presents a serious violation of Google's guidelines.

Many thanks for your help.