Problem with Meta Description

Hello! I have used BeTheme for many projects, and always use 'All in One SEO Pack' plugin, but I'm having a very strange problem that I haven't encountered before. Hoping you can help me! In Google search, instead of the Meta Description entered in the plugin, I'm seeing "BeYoga | Best WordPress theme for people who loves Yoga." Screenshot here - http://pasteboard.co/gofNXJsUF.jpg

This site is getting almost no traffic, so I'm guessing there's something wrong, but I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas??

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Melanie

Comments

• Hey Melanie,

when you use external SEO plugin like All in One SEO, you need to remember to disable built-in SEO fields what can be done under Theme options > SEO section. If you forgot about it, then this is what Google bots indexed and now after disabling built-in seo fields, you need to wait until Google bots will refresh your description in index.

Thanks!
  • OK. Thanks for your reply. I have built many sites with BeTheme, but have never come across this problem before. Perhaps it would be better if that section was switched Off by Default?

Am going to login to all my other sites now and check that section.

Regards
    Melanie
  • We are sorry but we can not turn off this section by default. Most BeTheme users has no idea about the plugins like Yoast or All in One SEO or these are too complicated for them and that's why they prefer to use built-in seo fields. And if we will turn it off by default, we will get hundreds or even thousands of request why their description or titles does not work. Hope you understand what we mean.
  • Dear muffinteam,
    I have the same problem, I use Yoast SEO.
    I switched off like you described - but nothing changed, there is still the text of Yoga.
    I hope you can help me.
    Christine
  • Hi,
    this change could take a while, it all depends on google.
    Please wait.
    thanks
  • edited June 2017

Hi,

I have the same problem with my website,  

It has been several days and it does not change. 

Do you think we will have to wait ?

Loïc

• Please disable the built in seo field in theme options>seo and change them in your SEO plugin, if this does not work then please use our seo fields, we cannot be responsible on how do you configure the plugins.
  • Thats how I did it now: took off the Yoast SEO. Now its working. Thanks!