Custom post type trouble

I've registered a custom post type through Pippin W's Easy Custom Post Types, which I've used with other themes. However, using Be's single post template as a starting point to create my own template for these custom posts is proving really difficult.

I cannot insert my php code to fit between the featured image and the comments template. I also cannot get a sidebar to display on these.

I realize this is custom work (when I bought the theme I was just going to use the portfolio post type, but there are no comments available for those). Would you be willing to help me set this up, or for a fee? I have about 10 days to finish this site and this is the only part holding me back. Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,

unfortunately we do not provide support for 3rd party plugins individual customers. If we'll get more questions about this plugin, then we'll be able to have a look on compatibility then. Also at this moment we are too busy with current work and we are not able to get anything else.

Thanks for understanding!
  • I understand. Could you please at least give me a tip on CSS to get the featured image to not take up the entire row? I need my text to wrap around it on the right. I use Chrome dev tools but can't get it figured out. Thank you.
  • Is there a way to make the muffin options/builder show up for a custom post type? 
  • I apologize for all the questions. Last one for now, I'm trying to call a sidebar I created in the muffin theme options... for example, the sidebar is named "Obituaries" but when I try <?php get_sidebar('$sidebar-Obituaries'); ?> it does not load. What is the prefix for the theme-created sidebars? Thank you.
  • What css exactly you need? Please show us what you mean.

About muffin builder/options for custom post type, you should look at meta-potfolio.php file and functions below:

mfn_builder_show();
    mfn_builder_save($post_id);

Then callback for those functions you can get from includes/content-single-portfolio.php which looks as below:

mfn_builder_print( get_the_ID() );

About sidebar, maybe you gave wrong sidebar name? We think that sidebar- is unnecessary for sidebar name.