Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Be|theme demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
3. If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

IMPORTANT!!! Along with your inquiry, please attach the address of the page which concerns the question. This will cause the time to answer on your question will be much shorter. If you do not want to publish your address publicly in the forum, please send a private message. Thanks!

Chinese characters instead of icons

Hello. I have a new corporate website that uses the Be theme version 15.1. The icons look good on my laptop with 3 different browsers (IE11, Mozilla, and Chrome). On a second laptop, they also look good using Safari. However, my government client see's Chinese characters instead of icons. In some cases, neither icons nor Chinese characters appear.

Here are two pages from the website that display Chinese characters:

Please let me know what else I can provide to help resolve this as quickly as possible. I have seen other posts with a similar issue but I understand that each situation is different so I have created this new post.

Thanks!

Comments

• Please sign in to see answear!
  • Thank you for checking and its somewhat comforting to know that you didn't see any. Perhaps that is an indication that the issue isn't widespread. That said, I have 2 screenshots that I have (uploaded to DropBox) of the Chinese characters that are visible when I accessing the website using IE11 from my customer's work location:

https://db.tt/7QcyyJzTeV

https://db.tt/ZIprX4VwpC

Could it be something to do with their proxy settings? In other posts, I have read solutions that pertain to whether the fonts for the site are pulled from. Any suggestions are appreciated.

John

• Well, another post suggests this might be the solution:

http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/4902/icons-are-gone-cors-solved-within-htaccess

I will call my hosting company (GoDaddy) to discuss with them.

• Hello, I am also now experiencing this issue. The symbol is for the "coming soon" page. It appears fine on my mac with safari, however it will show up as a Chinese symbol on my iphone and windows chrome. I have contacted my webhost (godaddy) and they also stated that the cannot activate CORS for shared hosting. Is there anyway I can get the icons to display correctly?

Otherwise how can I remove the icon and add an image in its place?
  • I was unable to get any resolution with muffingroup, or chase it down between them and GoDaddy. To resolve the problem, we made static pictures of the icons that we wanted to use (using SnagIt) and added them to the media library. Then, in lieu of using the icons that came with the template, we used the pictures we created. Problem solved. Hope this helps.