Portfolio Masonry

edited January 2017 in Portfolio
How can I create a portfolio Masonry like the one one this page?

I've been trying to create this for a long time, but I still got no where

Comments

• Hi,

this is just Portfolio item with Masonry Hover Description style. Next time, we recommend to create an extra WP instance where you can do the imports of what you like as it's the fastest and easiest way to learn how some things were done.

Thanks!
  • Thanks for this post, I was looking for an example of a demo that uses the Masonry Hover Description portfolio style. I imported from that demo, and am starting to accomplish something similar here. However, I would like to be able to display more on the hover transparency, as you have done here. So far, I've only managed to get the title and excerpt displayed; how can I get the first 30 words or so from the portfolio item displayed instead, as well as a magnifying glass button and a link button to take the user to that page?

It would also be great to have different colours for the transparencies, like on the page you made that I've linked above?
  • You did 2 things different than we did it on our demo:

1. Excerpt on our demo is being cut because its being taken from default WP editor and because you set custom excerpt in Excerpt field.

2. There is no links in the bottom because you didn't set Project Link -> Details option under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio section.
  • Thank you, this is very helpful.

What would I need to do if I wanted the theme to insert '...' after the maximum number of words that can fit onto the transparency, so that it's clearer that the user can continue reading if s/he clicks the link?

Also, what can I do when editing portfolio items to suppress the featured image that appears at the top of each portfolio item page? There is no 'Featured Image | Hide' slider under 'Options' at the bottom of these pages.
  • 1. This part comes automatically if you have content in WP editor. Otherwise, you need to add it manually.

2. This could be done with custom css only.
  • Re. #1: Great, thanks! :)

Re. #2: Would you mind letting me know what code would accomplish this? And would I need to insert it for every portfolio item, or only in BeTheme Theme Options?
  • #2 Sorry, we forgot to paste the right css. The right could would be:
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper.image { display: none !important; }
  • Perfect, thank you! How can I also suppress the elements shown here and here? I only want the title, video (or image) and column text to be visible on these pages. The forward and back buttons are fine, though I would also like to have the option of suppressing the dates shown in the ones at the bottom. For reference, the linked images above refer to this page.
  • The links you sent this time, doesn't work. Please send us working links using online services like http://pasteboard.co/ or http://snag.gy/
  • Strange, they work for me! :) But good to know about those services, which I didn't before. Ok, please check here and here.
  • You can remove them with:
    .single-portfolio .post-header .post-meta { display: none !important; }
    .single-portfolio .project-description { display: none !important; }
    But related projects can be disabled under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio > Single Portfolio Project section.
  • Fabulous, thank you!