My widgets don't appear on my blog page and blog posts sidebar

Hi Betheme Team, 

I am facing an issue I definitely could'nt solve on my own from the past few hours... so here I am ! I just finished my website on wordpress. Only issue, I'm using Sushi pre built theme from Betheme pack and on my blog page and post I can definitely see my sidebar, but it is empty and I can read " This template supports the sidebar's widgets. Add one or use Full Width layout.". However, my widgets (in the dashboard - widget section - the blog section widget exists and is full of widgets) don't appear on the sidebar of my website. Can you please help me solve that mystery ... ? Thank you for your advice !!! 

Comments

• Hi,

did you set Blog page under Settings > Reading and Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog section?
  • I am having the same problem, and everything I've tried in the past three hours or so has failed to fix it. The widget I specifically want to use is the Muffin Recent Posts widget, as I want the blog part of my new site to look almost the same as the blog on my old site. You can check my settings in the screenshots as follows:
    1. Settings > Reading
    2. Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog
    Another odd thing I'm finding on the same page is that the links in the buttons (that I hope can somehow go into the sidebar eventually) don't work. I've added a new item (column) below and tried again, and sometimes the buttons then appear with a clickable link; if I then delete the non-functioning one above, the link in the new column then stops working. Very odd, can you help? The following is the shortlink I've written:

[button title="Linh Pham" icon="icon-note-line" icon_position="left" link="http://new-site.communication-for-development.com/blog/tag/linh-pham/" target="" color="theme" font_color="theme" large="0" class="" download=""]
    Thanks for your help!
  • UPDATE:

I found that I was able to fix the sidebar problem by sliding the Hide 'The Content' slider to 'ON' (which surprised me, as I didn't have any WP content... perhaps I've misunderstood something there).

I then added the Muffin Tag Cloud widget, which I will use instead of the buttons described above. However, the links are not working in this either. Is there anything I can do about this?
  • @robinwyatt If you look at http://pasteboard.co/nzPAE24Kq.png you will see how your header looks like. As you can see, your customization made top bar so big that it cover sidebar and other elements. This is the reason why you can not click on those links.
  • Oops! Oh dear. I thought I had no header (I set the style to 'Empty: Subpage without Header'). Is this because you gave me custom CSS so as to put the logo in the middle rather than to the left?
  • @robinwyatt Not sure what css was it but we don't think so because if we would see something like that, we won't give you such css as a solution. We think the problem is with header empty itself as it's kind of transparent header and in such case, the content goes always behind. This is the whole sense of being responsive and if you don't like how it works, or you need switch to different header type or use the following css to move the whole content down:
    .header-empty #Content { padding-top: 200px !important; }
  • Many thanks for this. I had to increase to 400 px for all the links I needed to become clickable. Unfortunately though, on the homepage, this has resulted in the girl's head getting cut off. Is there something I can do to rescue her?! 
  • You can exclude homepage and to do this, you need to use the following css instead:
    body:not(.home).header-empty #Content { padding-top: 400px !important; }
  • Hi again. I am still having problems with this, and have concluded that pushing the content down the page will not work for various reasons.

You said that "your customization made top bar so big that it cover sidebar and other elements", but I'm not sure what customisation I may have done. Might it be my plugin, WP Responsive Menu Pro? If so, I will ask the theme author. I have no choice but to customise the menu and menu button because my theme must integrate with http://c4d.communication-for-development.com/index (a PhotoShelter site).
  • We can see also you set huge padding for the logo and this might be the reason why your header is so big. So if above css didn't helped, you can remove logo padding.
  • Thanks for this. In a separate thread, you suggested I could add the following css (I'm pasting this here in case it helps other forum users, too):

#Top_bar { display: none !important; }

This solved the problem described above. Thanks very much once again!