Portfolio categories

Hi,

I need to have three portfolios for my company's site, one for each of photography, video and design. I figured that the best way to organise this would be through categories, so I've started assigning each portfolio item to one of these categories. I then made a page here and selected the 'Portfolio' template. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to work out how to show only portfolio items from the 'design' category on this page. It shows ALL the portfolio items from all categories.

One thing I thought of doing was using the URL with 'portfolio-types' in it (see here) as the design portfolio page instead. If I do this, how can I include some text at the top that introduces the page? Is that even possible?

It also occurred to me that I could use Muffin Builder and use the 'portfolio' item to show portfolio items only from the 'Design' category. However, when I did this, I was unable to get the portfolio to display at full width. Furthermore, if I use the portfolio template, the entire portfolio (all categories) then displayed at full width underneath my non-full width design category portfolio. Is there a way to do it this way using the default template, and to force design category to display at full width?

Thanks for your help!

Robin

Comments