BeTheme options not appearing

Hello.

My BeTheme options section in the Appearance section has just stopped working - all I see is a white space where the options should be and no buttons in the sidebar respond how they should.

Please advise.

Comments

• Hi,

there is 3 possible reasons why Muffin Options might be empty on load (blank):

- PHP version - Wordpress, since version 4.5, requires minimum PHP 5.6. So if your version is older than 5.6, you need to contact with your admin/hosting provider because it need to be updated.
    - Memory Limit - the more plugins you have enabled, the more resources your WordPress instance will consume. So if this is happening, you need to contact with your admin/hosting provider to increase this limit.
    - Suhosin extension - if it’s installed on your server, it could bring the issues as well because the limits for Suhosin are usually different from the general one.

Thanks!
  • Hi

We've checked the PHP version and the memory limit and doesn't change anything.

Can you have a further look into this for us?

We have also used the Custom CSS section, but we can't even see this to copy and paste in case we need it.
  • please go to your FTP, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Thanks!
  • We've seen your Announcement post

http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/3109/don-t-see-some-options-or-demos-please-update-theme#latest

We're wondering if the theme needs updating first to see if that's the problem?

The issue is that all our custom CSS is in the BeTheme Custom CSS option. We can't actually see that now to make a copy of it. If we update BeTheme will this be overwritten or does it keep the custom CSS? We'd actually like to use the ChildTheme for this so that BeTheme can be updated easily. But obviously we need to get access to the Custom CSS bit that we can't see!! Any help would be appreciated!
  • Please make the phpinfo file, the theme update will not be enough.
    If you did not change anything in the theme files directly then nothing will be lost in the update since all of the information is stored in the database. We always recommend to make a backup.

• Yes I've tried updating and it didn't work!
    Here is link to the PHP info

Thanks!
  • Hello,
    The issue is caused by the limits on your server, please:
    1. Disable the suhosin script on your server
    2. Increase max_input_vars
    3. Increase memory_limit
    To do this you may need to contact your hosting provider.
    thanks