Wrong image-size used for thumbnails--> Slow loading-times

Hi Guys, 

first, thanks for your great theme! 

My problem: On many pages the thumbnails used are the big post-images in full size, which are then downscaled to a smaller version via html/css (e.g. an Image with 950x470 size is displayed as 287x142, downscaled via html/css). 

Obviously this is not the thumbnail size, which causes a big filesize and slow pagespeed. Especially on pages with a lot of thumbs the page is slow, for example the start page, and category pages. I would rather implement the automatically generated smaller versions of the files.

What can I do to fix this issue? Where can I edit which version of an image shall be used? 
I already changed the thumbnails default size in settings>Media to a smaller one, and used "rorce regenerate thumbnails" plugin to regenerate them. The theme still uses the big files. 

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks in advance! :) 

Comments

• Hi,

if you mean to include smaller images sizes for mobile devices, then we do not have such possibility included and also don't have any workaround to make it possible. To be honest, this is a really time consuming process and it's not easy.

Thanks for understanding!