Frontend doesn't work

edited February 2017 in Visual Composer
Hi,
It's not the first time that I use Visual Composer, with an Envato Theme, so I know that it usually includes a frontend mode and a backend mode.
Now after the "BeTheme" (and required/suggested plugins) Installation, I've noticed that frontend mode doesn't work. Actually it doesn't exist here, so I was thinking that maybe some features could be disabled cause the restricted licence. I don't know. I'd just like to know if it is the correct and forecasted operation or there is a problem.
Please let me know asap, we could purchase the entire plugin licence right now, if is needed, that's not the problem.
Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

the Visual Composer plugin bundled into package is exactly the same as author provides. So could you explain what's happening when you switch to front-end? Because it's included and we don't know what is exactly happening on your side.
  • I set up Be Burger theme, well, when I activate Visual Composer mode, it doesn't show hover buttons on the element where i put the pointer, while I usually can open the edit mode directly from the visual interface. I think it should be the forecasted use of this plugin. But let me show what I mean by a visual explaination.
    Take a look on my other site where Visual Composer is working on this first image
    And then take a look on that is from be burger theme on mouse over
    As you can see, Visual Composer is activated in front end mode.
    I hope it could be more clear now, thanks
  • Yes, it is clear now but what you presented on 1st screenshot, of course appears on our side on hover and works exactly as should. Because you faced with such weird issue, which we believe has nothing to do with the theme itself, we recommend the following steps:

1. Please go to your FTP account where theme is, remove whole theme folder and then upload the latest version thru FTP as well. Please make sure that all the files were copied correctly.

2. Remove all 3rd party plugins (including cache and VC of course) and upload just latest version of Visual Composer plugin but thru FTP as well. Please also make sure that all the files were copied correctly.

3. Make sure, there is no additional cache stuff of server side.

Hope these steps would help you a lot.

Thanks!
  • I really don't know what to say.
    I did what you suggested on 1-2-3 points and the only thing that's change is a box at the bottom of the page, just before the footer, that says:
    "You have blank page
    Start adding content or templates"
    with the three visual composer buttons.
    But the for the rest, it's the same situation that I had before.
    Do you have any idea to fix it?
  • After further checking, we realized where you have a problem exactly. For the first time, we were not clear enough.

Frontend editor for the Visual Composer built it into theme, works exactly as on your first screenshot, but only for pages built with Visual Composer. All pages, you are going to build with VC, you will be able to edit from back-end and front-end.

However, all pre-built layouts were built with Muffin Builder tool which is much lighter, easier in use and faster. We can not build those demos with Visual Composer because it’s an additional plugin and in reference to right agreements, we can not force users to use 3rd party plugins. Also, for many users, Visual Composer just doesn’t work right because plugin is quite heavy and requires good hosting service.

Thanks!
  • I got it...
    Anyway, this plugin is recomended, as the message says on the dashboard and the "Layer Slider" plugin too.
    May I deactivate those plugins without side effects?
    Thanks
  • Ok, I reread the installation guide and it should be inoffensive.
  • If plugin is required, there you will see message that it's required but when it's not, there is no need to use it and you can deactivate them without any consequences