News section stopped working

My news section brings up a blank page.  If I remove all posts the page loads, if I change to a stock Wordpress theme the page loads and shows all the posts as excepted.  I'm not 100% sure when this occurred as it's only just been Brought to my attention.  

With debug logging enabled, nothing logs for the loaded blank page.  there is nothing in the console and there is no real content to the html of the page.

Has anybody else had this issue?  It does appear to be related to the theme rather than content of posts due to the fact that the news page loads with any other theme without a problem.  I've also tried singularly disabling posts in case it's the content of a post causing the issue but the page still fails to load leaving just a blank screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hi,
    Please send us a link to your page.
    Also, do you have the news page set as a blog page in wordpress settings>reading?
    thanks
  • Hi, 

Apologies for the delayed reply, it looks like your system don'ts send notification of replies.

During my testing of enabling and disabling plugins I have discovered that there are two plugins which cause some of the issue.  If I disable "Really simple SSL" and "W3 Total Cache" I get part of the News page to load, it will load the main introduction but loads no posts and no menus.  As stated, if I enable a stock theme, everything loads fine, this is a fairly recent occurrence as it has worked with your theme for a long time previously.

The news page is set in the settings.

I look forward to a prompt resolution.

Thanks

• Hi,

Your link does not work.

please go to theme folder, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Thanks!
  • Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion of memory limits, I updated my PHP to V7 and increased memory limit form 128mb to 256mb along with increasing post size.  This has cured the issue.  The page does load very slowly though, again, this is not an issue with the stock theme, is there anything that can be done to improve the page loading of the news section?

• Try to optimize your images, that is all we can advise. Also try to increase the max_input_vars vaule.
    Plugins do slow down the loadiing to so try to avoid too many of them