Can't Add New Elements with Visual Composer

I have the latest theme download so everything is up to date. However, when I click the "+" to add a new element in Visual Composer, nothing happens. I am able to edit, move, and save existing elements with no issue. I just can't add new elements. I can add layouts with no issue as well. When I create a new page and the VC editor appears I am able to add text blocks but not elements. Thoughts? Thank you!

Comments

• Maybe you have old version of VC? Plugins bundled into theme never update automatically with theme and must be updated themselves. More information about that you can read in the other topic http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1155/wp-bakery-visual-composer-with-be-theme
  • Nope. It's all up to date. Version 4.3.5. I even have a separate license for it so that I can update without waiting for the theme to update it.
  • So if you use latest version then we have no idea what is wrong in your case. You can switch to default wordpress theme and you will see that it will work the same.
  • But the issue happened before the theme update without a separate license. Which is why I bought a separate one. I then updated the BeTheme and it still happens. Regardless of what license is used.
  • WPBakery support got back to me and said it is because of the "inbuilt" version of VC installed in the Theme. So I am trying to switch the VC license information back to the Themes credentials and it is saying that my purchase code is invalid... And I've typed it in numerous times making sure that there are no spaces or anything like that. What do you recommend?
  • It does not matter if you have plugin included into theme or not. Those are the same files and this is not the reason why purchase code does not work. Plugin included into theme install the same way as plugin purchased on themeforest.

However did you switched to default wordpress theme as we mentioned above? Because if you will switch you will see the same problem what means the problem is not related with theme at all.
  • I did not and don't really want to mess with that at the moment. However, with the separate license activated, it is saying to "Please activate your license in Product License tab!" See Screenshot:

And since my purchase code doesn't work, I can't activate the original license that was included with the theme. So then how do I go about getting a new/updated purchase code. I can provide you with the purchase confirmation information if need be, no problem. Please advise.
  • As we wrote above, with theme we have latest version included. But if you want to update this plugin, then you should look at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1155/wp-bakery-visual-composer-with-be-theme-how-to-update-visual-composer-plugin

However if you want to activate plugin, then you must purchase license directly from plugin's author, because purchase code for theme won't work as plugins bundled into package can not be activated as you want.
  • edited January 2015
    a_zz7, I don't know if you are still having a problem, but I have discovered a few things in working with my website that might prove useful. The only way to get VC to recognize a purchase code is to install it first, then install BeTheme. As long as muffingroup keeps VC up to date, that shouldn't really be necessary, but that approach does work. However, on the last VC update (4.4), VC blocked the muffin builder content editing--sort of the opposite of the problem you are having. I deactivated VC, and the problem went away. Then I activated it through the muffin builder activate plugins routine rather than the one on the plugins page, and the problem did not recur. I did get the "Please activate message" after, but if you look at your own screen shot, you will see the license is actually active--that's why you have the deactivate license button in the lower left and the grayed out license key. (By the way, I can access all  VC content, which suggests that perhaps the WP Bakery folks were wrong about the cause of your problem. It might indeed be another plugin. I have had any number of bizarre problems caused by plugin incompatibilities, sometimes from plugins that don't seem to have anything to do with the problem.)

The confusion on the settings page stems from the fact that VC expects one kind of activation, and the theme expects another. Perhaps muffingroup should just have left VC out of the theme, but they were getting a lot of pressure to include it. I like VC too and have used it on another site, but I can usually accomplish the same things VC can by using muffin builder.
  • billhiatt, thanks for your input. I am still having problems. I tried what you were saying in terms of deactivating and activating on the different places but still no luck. I am having my IT guy update the theme today and I advised him to delete the pre-packaged VC folders and install the ones directly from the VC that I purchased separately. I hope that works. Otherwise I will be at a loss. It's pretty frustrating and hard to go back and forth to resolve whatever the issue is just via comments. Thank you for trying though, I appreciate it.
  • Ok, I am still having issues adding new elements. I have tried numerous things. I would like to see if it will work again with the license for the Theme as opposed to the independent one that I purchased. However, it continues to say that the product license key is invalid. How can I go about fixing the license key or getting a new one so that it can work? Please let me know. Thank you.