Link and anchor to another page

Hi, 

Is it possible to have a link on one page that jumps to a specifc part of another page?

I have five boxes in my home page detailing various services (Website, Print Design, Video, Branding and Social Media)

I would like to have a link for each box to direct the user to the specific area of the following page:

So if the user selects "Social Media" on the home page it will direct them to the bottom of the "services" page.

Thanks
Ali

Comments

• Yes,
    this is done by linking the section in the url, for example:
    domain.com/services#facebook

This will redirect you to the services page and scroll to the hashtag.
    thanks
  • Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but im still unsure how i go about this. The image belows the two options i have...trying to link from the Hover color item to a specific area on a different page which has the Column item option. Can you please let me know where i enter the "domain.com/services#facebook" in the Column item?
  • Your link is correct, but this site has to have an element with an ID that is the same as the hash, so if you link
    domain.com/services#facebook there must be an element with an ID="facebook" on this page so the link knows where to scroll.
  • Sorry if i am asking stupid questions...but as i understand it:

The image on the left (Hover color item) has the correct link (www.makingfans.co.uk/services/#mfwebsite)

However, the image on the right needs to have an ID. In my example, #mfwebsite.

But i cant see anywhere on the right image to enter the ID...Which field from the options do i enter the ID?

Again, apologies if i am sounding stupid...

Thanks
  • You do not sound stupid:)
    You have to add a custom ID not to the column but to the section, there is a field for it.
    Also enable one-page option on that page. It is under the muffin builder when you edit the page.
  • As per usual, excellent support!

Thank you.

Ali
  • Happy to hear that :)
  • Hello again,

The above issue has reoccurred again and not sure as to why. I followed your instructions (please see attached) but the linking/anchoring to another page doesnt seem to work.

I have tested my website in Chrome, IE and safari but still get the same issue.

Please can you advise.

Many thanks
    Aliimage 

• Hi,
    Please update the theme to the newest version, this will fix everything.
    thanks
  • Hi, 

I have updated the theme to the latest version (Version: 17.8.4) but the issue still remains?

Please advise.

Thanks
    A
  • please be so kind and send us WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason
  • Details sent as instructed.

Many thanks
    Ali