Sidebar dropdown for Blog Page

I'm having problem choosing sidebar for blog page.

I have added widgets I need to "Blog" sidebar, and I've added this sidebar to single blog posts using theme options.
But when I try to add this sidebar to Blog page, I choose Right sidebar, but when I click on a dropdown to choose Sidebar, list is empty.

What I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Hi,
    It is probably because you have the blog page set the wrong way. You need to select the default post page (blog)
    To do that, go to settings>reading and select the posts page to the blog page you want.
    Then edit the main blog page and set the sidebar. This way all the sidebars on posts and categories etc. will use the default blog sidebar setup.
    thanks
  • Hello,

It's not that. I already have default blog page selected
  • Please send a link to your page.
  • You do not have a widget area called blog in appeareance>widgets ?
    If not go to theme options>sidebar and create a new sidebar, then drag the widgets there.
    Then edit the main blog page and set the sidebar. This way all the
    sidebars on posts and categories etc. will use the default blog sidebar
    setup.
  • Sorry, I I wasn't detailed enough. Name of the sidebar was "Blog | Inbound Marketing "
    Anyway, I create new sidebar named just "Blog" and everything started to work fine. I'm still not able to use any already existing sidebar, but I can't use new ones, and this is enough for me.

Thanks
  • Hi,

Im using the latest version of your theme.
    Followed all instructions and i can't get woocommerce sidebar to appear.

1 - I went to theme options and created "woocommerce" sidebar with option not to force in pages (respect page meta), this sidebar appeared in the widget area. 
    2 - I placed 2 woocommerce widgets inside that sidebar
    3 - Went to the page, select one sidebar layout and the sidebar already was selected.
    4 - The sidebar does not showup...

Please help. I can provide the link for you to see it but not publicly.

thanks
  • Hey,
    You cannot create a sidebar for the shop page. You should use the existing "plugin|woocommerce" sidebar.
    thanks
  • That's what it was before i started adding sidebar threw theme options ;) 
    Still nothing appears, but that sidebar has a widget inside!
  • Please put a widget like "html widget" and type somthing in just for testing.
    Then edit the main shop page and under the muffin builder you will see layout options for setting up sidebars. Make some screenshots.
    thanks
  • HTML widget appears correctly.

None of the Woocommerce widgets appear (filter by product, evaluation, price and active products).
    The shop had only 1 product so i duplicated it thinking that it would not appear if had only 1 product, but that didn't solve the issue.
    I added the cart widget and it appears, but not the filters.

In woocommerce system report i only have errors for Soap and Maxmind which are not related to the problem.

Betheme and Woocommerce are updated to latest version.

Regarding the Shop page configuration here is the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ixz62y
  • Okay so a simple question: did you add products and categories? Otherwise the widget will not work.
    If the html widget loads fine then there is something wrong with the widget you are using or plugin configuration.
    thanks
  • Thank for your support. I duplicated the product but didnt change the price. So it had 2 products with the same price.

Changing the price of one worked.