Edit with Visual Composer Not Working

Hi, I just purchased this theme yesterday.

I imported a home page example and want to edit it, however when I open it to edit with the Visual Composer option, the page just keeps loading with an orange/blue icon in the middle.

How can I make this work?

Thank you

Comments

• Forgot 1 thing.

Should I be using Muffin Builder to build pages? Is that where the drag n drop functionality lies, or is  it in the VC?

Is there a way to access the Muffin Builder directly where I can edit things visually (I only see is when I click edit on a page http://prntscr.com/5ry8eq)?

Just looking for the easiest way to edit the page visually.

Thanks again.
  • Hi,

of course you can build pages withing Visual Composer or Muffin Builder but we strongly recommend to use Muffin Builder tool which is much faster and easier to use. Also some of our items are not compatible with VC. You should also know that Visual Composer do not have possibility itself to setup nice sections with background images or parallax and need additional plugin for that. Also our demo pages are always built with Muffin Builder so it is much easier to modify elements with our tool :)

Hope this will help you.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi and thank you for your quick response.

I am not able to edit the demo page visually w/ Muffin Builder for front end editing.

How do I do this?
  • Muffin Builder do not have any front-end editor. Content can be edited in "Page options" section where is Muffin Builder. You showed this above on http://prntscr.com/5ry8eq
  • oh ok - I thought it was a visual editor.

So do I not even need VC?
  • Yes, you don't need VC. This is only additional tool and can be removed completely.
  • edited January 2015
    Ok, great.

Last question I can think of for this - when I'm editing elements, etc, do I have to manually add all the html code like the example below?

Is there any other way to add what I need (dropdowns to select what I would like, choosing icons instead of manually having to remember the code, etc) that's easier?

Example:

[one_second]
    [divider height="40"]
    <h2>Insurance a home<br />or appartment</h2>
    [divider height="30"]
    <h5>Nullam wisi ultricies a, gravida vitae, dapibus risus ante sodales lectus blandit eu, tempor diam pede cursus vitae</h5>
    [divider height="30"]
    [button title="Start insurance" icon="icon-retweet" icon_position="right" link="#" color="#90ce33" font_color="#fff" large="1"]
    [divider height="20"]
    <div style="border-top: 1px solid #c3d8e0; padding-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 15px;">
    <a style="margin: 0 10px 0 0;" href="#">Frequently asked questions</a>
    <a style="margin: 0 10px 0 0;" href="#">Read more</a>
    <a style="margin: 0 10px 0 0;" href="#">Contact us</a>
    </div>
    [/one_second]

[one_second]
    [image src="http://www.website.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/home_insurance_slider1.jpg" align="center" border="0"]
    [/one_second]
  • This can be done manually only. If you want easier solution, then you should create website using Muffin Builder tool instead.