Category Page

Hello, 

I was looking to make pages with just a blogroll of specific categories. When I chose Appearance > Menu, and added Categories the pages would not display the proper categories. 

I then thought to make a Page with a blogroll on it, specifically showing the category of chose. The first Page I created like this worked great, but each attempt to make the same setup caused irregularities. For example, the most recent post would appear above all content. This is not going to work. 

I am wondering if you know how to create Category pages, or how to stop content from appearing above the main content. I tried to add the blogroll both in Visual Composer, and the Muffin Builder with the "Hide The Content" option. 

The really weird thing is that other problems occur, almost randomly based on my troubleshooting. Sometimes the blogroll does not display the correct number of blog posts specified in the content options. Other times (frequently), the blogroll shows the incorrect categories. I.E. the "Softball Tips" page is supposed to be showing only "softball-tips" but it is showing all categories. 

I love the theme, and want to use it. Wondering if you have any idea what is causing all these abnormal issues- problems I have never experieced in all the years of using WP. Thanks!

Comments

• Sorry, forgot to include info. 

Test site: 

WP: 4.1
    Betheme 6.0
  • Hi,

the only place where you can show items from different categories is Appearance > Menus section as you described above. But you must click on "Screen options" button in right top corner and select which categories you want to add, check field and then you can add them to menu. And nothing else can not be done in this case.

Thanks for understanding.
  • Hi, 

I appreciate the feedback, however this does not solve the issue. I followed directions, as instructed but it is still not working properly. On the backend I have a Category page to show "Health & Wellness," however it is showing posts from different categories. 

I am confused as to why this is the only way to show category blogroll, as one option exists in the Muffin Builder for Blogroll with category options. There has to be a way to accomplish this, as the tools are provided by the theme. Even when I use this method, the correct categories do not show in the appropriate pages. 

At the least how do I remove the most recent post from appearing above all other content, even with the "Hide Above Content?" 

I appreciate your insight to solve this problem. Thank you. 
  • Looks like you did something wrong. Please send us pm with access to dashboard and we'll see what you did wrong.