No more homepage set after changing the portfolio order

Hi,

Very strange - I just changed the order of my portfolio items in the "betheme options>blog,portfolio&shop>portfolio".

And now there is no homepage set anymore and in the wordpress "settings > reading" the block with the settings for the homepage does disappeared completely.

So I can not assign a homepage anymore, which is a big problem ...

If there is any connection between the setting of the portfolio order and the setting of a homepage, please tell me and also how to fix this.

Best regards and thank you, Markus

Comments

• Hi,
    Please send a link to your website.
    thanks
  • Oh, fuck. I don´t understand it. But it is visible again. I can see the settings for the homepage now. I didn´t change a thing in the meantime.
    But anyway ... it works again.
    Thank you nevertheless.
  • Just for the sake of completeness: I know the reason for this behaviour now. 

It has nothing to do with BeTheme.

And as it seems I did change something (not, like I stated above).

I reset the only public page to private, because the site should not be live at the moment.

But, as it seems: there has to be at least one page public, otherwise the Wordpress option to set a startpage in the Reading - settings disappears.

To me this seems to be a bug, because what if you don´t have any pages but only posts and want to show them on the startpage ...
  • yeah, but wordpress was created initially to display only posts on the first page. So if you do not have any pages you can turn off the static option and display only posts on your main page.