can't make WPML work

edited May 2017 in Theme support
Hello,
I've installed WPML (latest version) and all the related plugins, followed the instructions to translate strings,  but I can't make it work. When I try to translate a page, the translation page doesn't show any field (except the title)!

Please help me.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

if you want to translate pages, you should make a copy of current page and then translate it. All details about pages translation, you can find on https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/creating-translations-manually/

However, if above explanation will not be clear enough or something would somehow won't work, please contact with wpml support team for more details.
  • sorry if I say, but the answer seems quite obvious. I already tried to create copies of the current page, or even duplicate it, but all the parts included in the page builder are not showing, as you can see in the screenshot: it should be full of text to translate, but it's empty!

I already wrote to WPML support. Waiting for an answer
  • Please let us know what they said about this problem.
  • Hi avssrl, I'm having exactly the same issue. Have they solved it yet?
  • yes, I am lost with excactly the same problem here. I am searching the internet up and down for a integration example of beTheme + Muffin Builder + WPML.

Do I need to add some advanced custom fields or am I missing some obscure button/option.

My installation consists, at this point and in this order, of
    - Wordpress latest (today)
    - the BeTheme complete installation (one week old)
    - the required plugins enabled
    - expected slider revolution demo theme.zip imported
    - beTheme Prebuild Webpage (Theme)
    - WPML Multilingual CMS and registration
    - wpml child plugins
       - WPML Media
       - WPML String Translation
       - WPML Translation Management

and after some tries
       - WPML Page Builders
    and I have set the option
     - Translation management -> multilingual content setup -> How to translate posts and pages
      -> Use the translation editor

As far as I have understood, I should be able to translate elements (or better their content) I added with Muffin builder.

Am I missing something obvious?

Sincerely your
    Michael Reetz
  • Hello!
    Lately WPML updated their plugin and added a new option that does not quite work so well, please check it you have this options enabled in the WPML settings:
    https://pasteboard.co/6VCzxT7g5.png
    Lets us know if it helps!
    thanks
  • Ok, I think at is working now as intended (while not totally as I had expected). I Flipped that switch as you suggested, read and watch some more HowToDos and changed my procedure.

How I proceed now
    I create a page in the main-language and then create the translation base with the wpml interface (+ - Button). After that I use "Overwrite with {source-language} content". Now the complete Muffin-Builder Content is visible. I choose "Translate independently" (and only save with the "Update" button 'cause I am very cautious). Now I can begin to translate.

What I originally thought (but does not really matter anymore)
    I had used the option to use the translation editor. Mainly 'cause I was hoping to only have to translate text contents while the design and styling of the page would be managed by the default language. But since you pointed out the difficulties with that option I am not going to do it as you have adviced.

Thanks for your support
  • This isn`t working for me... When I translate all the info (see pic), the translation doesn`t seem to work! Help! image
  • Hi,
    sorry but what plugin is this ?
    thanks