Error 500 on edit post for Editor users

Hello,
I've got a problem when a user with Editor role needs to edit a post or a page. The user can view all the posts or pages but when he tries to edit one, an error 500 blocks the editing.
I've tried disabling all my plugins but nothing. So I tried activating the Twenty Seventeen theme and everything was fine. I suppose there is something with your theme and maybe your options but I am really not able to find the issue. If I open the edit page of a post as administrator I have no errors.

It's quite urgent, thank you very much

Comments

• After further investigation, I found a memory limit on the server. I'm sorry for the post.

Have a nice day
  • Just seen that I've written a post, I found a little bug that spam out some notices with a plugin (Profile Builder for instance). I've solved the problem in this way

function repair_pb_menu_nav_filter(){
        remove_filter('wp_setup_nav_menu_item', 'mfn_wp_setup_nav_menu_item');
        add_filter( 'wp_setup_nav_menu_item', 'custom_mfn_wp_setup_nav_menu_item' );
    }
    add_action('wp_loaded', 'repair_pb_menu_nav_filter');
    function custom_mfn_wp_setup_nav_menu_item($menu_item) {
        if( !property_exists($menu_item, 'post_content') )
            return $menu_item;

return mfn_wp_setup_nav_menu_item($menu_item);
    }

Is it possible to update the theme?

Thank you in advance
  • If you have changed the files directly the theme update will overrite those changes. If you want to make such custom changes you need to use a child-theme.
    thanks
  • I never touch parent code. Always child theme, my question was if you could add that check directly from the parent theme.
    thanks
  • Only modify the child theme. You only need to update the parent theme.