BeTheme Options & Muffin Builder - Header, Subheader, Section Backgrounds

HI there.  I've attached a couple of images to explain the problems I'm having which are settings not taking effect or not working as expected.imageAnd also.. this is part of the BeDecor website.

Comments

• Hello!
    Please send a link to your page.
    thanks
  • Hi there

It's not live (local) so I can't sorry.  Are you not able to answer using the descriptions I gave?

Regards
    Alicia
  • You could use this as an example: 
    It should be pretty easy to describe how Muffin Builder should or shouldn't work?

e.g.
    "Comfortable Chair" on BeDecor  = where it says "Custom Wardrobes and Cabinetry" above
    So if you want to use BeDecor as an example... how do I change the mid-brown background color?  I would have thought changing the background on the section would work but that doesn't work... only changes the right side.  I can't see that there's a background image loaded to override it so there must be some other setting.  Maybe something to do with "highlight-left" in the CSS?

Cheers
    Alicia
  • Hello Alicia,
    Every page differs, we need to see the site live to make those changes. Please upload it and let us know.
    thanks
  • Thanks Muffin support.  Agree every web page differs but I'm now specifically talking about your BeDecor example.  Can you answer that one question I put above about it while I figure out where to put this site so you can look at it?

To recap, the question is: On your BeDecor website example here http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/decor/  is it possible to change the brown background colour of the 'Comfortable Chair' section using Muffin Builder and if so where would one do that?

Cheers,
    Alicia
  • Please use this css to change the color:
    .highlight-left::after, .highlight-right::after {
    background: red !important;
    }
  • Thanks Muffin Support. 

Ok so I take that to mean it's not able to be updated using the Muffin Builder background setting.    

Next questions... do you have an answer regarding the other questions in my original post?  The gap in the header and the navigation not responding to the selected setting?

Cheers
    Alicia
  • Please use this CSS
    #Top_bar .menu_wrapper {
    float: right !important;
    }
  • Thanks Muffin Support.  I'm a little confused though.  Granted this is my first use of a pre-installed theme but I thought using the BeTheme meant that my client wouldn't have to be coding.  Is it usual to have to add CSS to achieve the things that are actual settings in the theme option?  The min-height for example doesn't appear in the example of the theme which I'm pretty sure I'm using in the same way as shown in the example. (Could you please also solve the min-height issue on the interior pages with subheader banners).

Cheers
    Alicia
  • Hey Alicia, this should be working fine. There can be so many things that interfere with the theme that looking for them is useless, it is just better to add some css. The problems are mostly cause by third party plugins or scripts. We cannot controll the user and what he is doing with the theme.

The min height can be fixed by going to theme options>header&subheader>header and selecting the minimalist option "minimailist without header space"
    thanks
  • Thank you! Found that setting.  My apologies - just didn't see that one!  OK got it regarding the need for CSS.  I think that finalises this support thread :)

Cheers
    Alicia