Troubleshooting Homepage on Windows OS & IE 10

I am having an issue on my site when using Windows 8 OS in IE 10, specifically.

When I launch the site, the homepage opens and immediately bounces down to "Our Services" section in the middle of the page. This is not an issue on other platforms of browsers, but since our clients use IE 10 (predominantly) this issue needs to be resolved.

We have cleared the browser history and the cache to see if this was the issue and the problem was not resolved. Please let us know what we can do to fix this problem.

Thank you
Sara K

Comments

• Hi Sara,

Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check how many html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine.
  • We have used W3C validation to analyze the site for coding errors and adjusted the errors accordingly. The issue continues to persist in Windows 8 OS IE 10+ (only). 
    Again, it appears that site loads, briefly sits at top of page where the header/navigation is located, then scrolls down to the upper middle section of the page. 
    I am wondering if this is a scrolling issue. Is it possible that the error is in this section of the code ?
    <script>
    //
    <![CDATA[
    window.mfn_ajax = "http://fear-us.com/wp/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php";
    window.mfn_nicescroll = 40;

window.mfn_prettyphoto = {disable: 0,width: 0,height: 0};
    window.mfn_sliders = {blog: 0,clients: 0,offer: 0,portfolio: 0,shop: 0,slider: 0,testimonials: 0};
    //]]>
    </script>

Secondarily, I have come across a jQuery script correcting smooth scrolling issues, and I am wondering if something similar would work in my case, where I would need to insert the new code, or if you have any suggestions on how to resolve the issue given this new information?

• *to clarify the site automatically scrolls/jumps to the Our Services section of the homepage
  • We have checked this once again and it definitely jumps but to be honest we have completely no idea why. We checked everything and there is no errors at all. Please make turn off all your plugins or if this won't help, then we recommend to install theme once again on fresh installation.