Error 404 when editing footer.php

Hi!

I edited a few weeks ago footer.php by inserting a zopim script, everything was fine. Today I tried to add one line in the script
$zopim.livechat.concierge.setAvatar('http://www...........ro/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/CC-150X155.png');

and when I tried to update, I got this 404 error:

Ooops... Error 404

We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.

Please check entered address and try again or go to homepage

Can you please, figure it out for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry, but we did not test this script/plugin with the theme. Our policy clearly states that we do not support third party plugins or custom code so unfortunately we cannot be of any help to you.

thanks
  • Can you tell me, at least, what is the file that should be edited through cpanel/file manager? The zendesk script is tested, it works perfectly, the problem is related to the theme files.
  • Sorry but changing the theme file will not help, and even if it did, we do not know which files this plugins is messing up. There are errors in the html so please revise your changes to the footer.php.

• Listen, after trying to place a simple live chat script through 3 different methods and getting the same result, a 404 error page, on a theme updated and using Wp updated, and after paying 70 $, your answers are really not helping at all. The script is over tested and used on at least 15 different websites with no problem at all.
    If you re not providing help, and obviously it s not a problem related to the script, I suppose you should pay back the money for the theme, cause I can't use it as I need to. I m not expecting or asking for customization, I know exactly how to do it myself. Right now, I.m sure I cannot put any other piece of code in there, so please don t tell it s third party issue.
    Sorry for the situation, I expect an answer as soon as possible.
  • And to continue, please explain why fonts cannot be changed without getting the 404 error when you hit the save button? Maybe this could ring a bell???

• I am not sure if my college thought about the same as i did, but please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can take a closer look into backend. Please don’t forget to let us know in a message, what for this access is.