Static blog posts - post IDs

edited July 2017 in Blog
Hello team!

I'd need to set up a page as follows:
There are many sections and each of them contains specific STATIC links to blog posts. I DON'T want these links to dynamically change as I publish new posts, they must be fixed because they are related to specific topics.

At the moment, to obtain this I have inserted some code into the Columns items of my page (the code basically contains images with links to blog posts).
I was wondering if it's possible to insert in my columns the blog shortcode (or blog teaser shortcode), specifying which posts I want to show...maybe using posts IDs or something like that?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Comments

• Hi,
    but once you create a post or page it will get a static link, it will not change. Where is the problem?
    thanks
  • what I mean is that, if in the Column item I insert the code for blog/blog teaser, the showed post will always change automatically as I publish new posts on my blog page.

For example, if I insert the following text to the Column item, what should I add in order to show only 3 specific posts? Something like...id="XXX, YYY, ZZZ"?

[blog count="2" style="modern" columns="2" category="" category_multi="" exclude_id="" more="1" filters="0" pagination="0" load_more="" greyscale="0" margin=""]
  • Sorry but there is not other solution for this, a new post has to get a new ID, you cannot predict what will it be.
  • Mmm I think you don't get my point.
    I don't intend to write XXX/YYY in the code...they were obviously an example.
    I have already published all the posts I need to use in each Column item of my webpage.
    My point is: in the blog shortcode you give the possibility to exclude some posts (exclude_id = ...)....besides this, is it also possible to choose which specific post ids I want to show? If yes, how? And how can I identify the ids of the posts I have already published?
    Thank you.
  • No, you can only show specific categories, you cannot show specific ID's in this shortcode.