What's the best way to migrate a Betheme site from one hosting server to another

edited July 2017 in Other
Hi,

We've been building/developing a website using BeTheme for a client on our servers and now need to transfer the completed site to they're hosting server.

Is there any way to do this simply and quickly?

Thanks

Comments

• Thanks. 

We usually use the duplicator plug in. So I think we can discount the plug in and Betheme as the problem if that's your  recommendation.

• Yes, but you did not mention that your new server is probably limited (other post) and this is why does files do not install. First sort out the server limits and then begin to move the website again from the start.

• All sorted thanks. A myriad of small things on the server.
  • Were either of you able to share your final solution?

I've migrated my project for one server to another by:
    1) copying the files
    2) transplanting the database

However once I get it to the new server, there's a bunch of re-configurating that needs to be done w/ the theme, the logo & other settings get lost.

Shouldn't this transplant 100%??
  • If you will use the duplicator plugin (first Bryan reply), you will migrate all of them (files + db records) at once and your website will be ready.
    Please migrate it once more, but please do it with "Duplicator" plugin

Thanks
  • Pablo, I can't import to the new location w/o paying for PRO.. is that the only option?
    Is there a reason an exact copy of the files & DB via manual cloning doesn't work with this theme?
  • We always suggest to use this plugin because it works best with the BeTheme.
    You can clone it manualy, but it could break something if you will not make it properly.
    Also, you will have to migrate the links, because they will be still linked to the old url (including images) - it's not just a copy & pasting, it's really time-taking process without using proper plugins.

Thanks