Transition from php 5.6 to 7.0

I have a WP website which is using Betheme, running on a server with php 5.6 installed, but when I swith the php version to 7.0 the complete website is blank, is this due to incompatibility of Betheme with php 7.0 or caused by something else?

Comments

• Hi,
    the theme is fullu compatible with php 7.0.
    Maybe some third party plugin is not, try to disable all plugins first.
    thanks
  • I did try a php compatibility checker and it gave some possible issues with the theme as well, are these false positives?
  • This is what is reported:
    FILE: /home/accountname/website.com/wp-content/themes/betheme/muffin-options/validation/preg_replace/validation_preg_replace.php
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     32 | ERROR | preg_replace() - /e modifier is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0
  • This is nothing to worry about. The tester is just outdated, we not use the /e modifier.
  • Ok thanks