woo commerce shop order by

I'm using woo commerce in catalogue mode. I'd like to control the order of products on the main shop page. It does not seem that this is possible to display them in anything other than alphabetical order, without a third party plugin. Please let me know if that is correct.

Next, I noticed that the next and previous navigation on single product pages is not navigating to the next product in alphabetical order. So, these are in a DIFFERENT order than the products display on the shop page. I do not have the "navigate to items in the same category" selected in my options. 

Can you help me understand how I can control the order and have a consistent order? 

Comments

• Hi,
    sorry but we do not have this option included into the theme. You would have to look for a custom code or a custom plugin that would do that.
    thanks
  • But why would the theme navigate to items in a different order than they display? Is there a theme setting that controls the next and previous navigation in the theme?
  • No there is no setting, we do not interfere with woocommerce, this is the standard plugin sorting.
  • I don't think that you are understanding. Let me explain in more detail.

On the category pages, the items are ordered according to woocommerce default. But when you click on an item, the "next" a "previous" navigation is according to your theme's setting, displaying them in order from most recently added to oldest. It's out of alignment. I'm asking if I can change the order of navigation so that it matches up with the woocommerce default, instead of being something completely different.

You can go to http://compliantpackaging.com/shop/ and see for yourself.
  • Yes, indeed but we cannot do anything about this. this is how it works