Can I hide a specific author from the "Filter by" option on the blog page

I host with WPEngine, and therefore have a user "WPEngine" in my WP dashboard. That account is used by WPEngine support, so cannot be removed/demoted, but it shows up on the blog page under the "Filter by".

So, is there any way to remove that one specific account (without deleting or demoting it from the WP dashboard) from showing?

Blog page in question: https://www.hypestar.uk/blog/

Comments

• Hi,
    Sorry but we do not understand. We do not support WPengine.
    thanks
  • If you visit the link I provided, you'll see (as part of the "filter by" section) "Authors".

One of those authors is "WPEngine". I would like it to not be shown on this page (as they don't actually write content for the site). As the theme lists all accounts that hold 'Author' permissions or higher, the logical solution would be to remove or demote the WPEngine user account - but, as explained above, that's not a viable solution.

So, I'm asking if there's a way to not show one (in this case, the user "WPEngine") of the accounts in the "Filter by" | "Authors" section.

Apologies for not being clearer in the first instance.
  • You can simply go to users and remove this author, other than that there is nothing we can do.
  • Removing an account used for support is not a solution, but thanks for confirming.