Not displaying meta data

Hi,

I've got two issues with my theme (+ one bonus issue).

1. How do I get rid of all the meta data that's displayed by default on a blog post or portfolio post? Author, client and so on. I don't want it displayed at all.
2. I'm using header "Emtpy" because I want the header to be transparent ontop of an image on the start page but no header images on other pager. Works fine on start page but on subpages I can't shift the content down so it doesn't overlap. 

Bonus. I was looking to recreate either "Furniture", "Jeweler" or "Tattoo" as starting point but I coudn't find any of them in the editor or the XML downloads. Are they not available?

Comments

• Doh, I found the demos now. Had been looking under Homepage this whole time. The other questions are still open though.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • Hey,

1. To remove post meta, please use below css:
    .post-meta { display: none; }
    2. This is how "Empty" header works. So please setup empty on pages where you have slider (this header style is reserved for those kind of pages) and different header for the whole rest.
  • Ok, thanks. display:none is a bit of an ugly solution though. All the html is still going to be in there and index. I'd rather not edit the php as that would be annoying to redo with every update. It would be useful in future updates to the theme to be able to disable whole blocks of html - in soma advanced view or something.

I'll think of something for the header image. Thanks.
  • We understand but this is all we can give you at this moment. We'll consider this because we can't give ON/OFF option for any available section on page. Many users use very poor/cheap hostings and more options = more problems with their hostings that are not able to handle it. And this is the main reason why custom css is much better and this always works for everyone.
  • Fair enough.
    Thanks guys.