Impossible to translate "footer-copy" field with WPML

Hello. I've a website with default language set to Italian and a second language set to English.
I've 2 problem:

- First one, if I set some text in the Copyright field on the BeTheme options and save changes and then try to modify again the field and hit save changes, nothing are modified. I'll able to modify the field only from the WPML translation strings or from db manager editing the footer-copy field.

- Second one (most important): once I'd set some Italian text in the Copyright field, it's visible only in Italian both in the Italian version and English one of the website. In the WPML translation strings panel I see the the footer-copy field in English (an old, completely different string set before WPML was installed) and the correct traslation in Italian (that's the same I set in the Copyright field).

So I moved to edit the old string directly into db under the icl_strings_translation table, searching for the footer-copy field, and I successfully changed the old string into the new one (the exact translation of the current Copyright filed) but I'm still not able to see the English version of Copyright when I switch the site language to the English, even if the "footer-copy" string is correctly translated as I can see under WPML translation strings section.

I've ask the help from the WPML helpdesk but they stated that's all ok and seems to be a strange fact.

How I can solve the weird issue? Thank you very much!

Dionisio 

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks