Popup Animation

I'm curious if there is a way to add a classes to the short code for popups? I'd like to add an entrance animation for when the popup opens but having a hard time figuring the best way to implement the CSS i have for it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,
    Sorry but this is not possible, you would have to modify the popup plugin files directly.
    thanks
  • Could you tell me which files contain the appropriate code?
  • I figured it out and implemented my animation, thanks!
  • edited October 2017
    hey, WebTechMarketing!
    I faced the same problem - magnific entrance popup is terrible. How you implemented smooth to it?
    If it not spare a lot of you time - will be waiting for your answer.
  • I would do this only if you are an advanced user. Always make a backup of files you wish to edit.

I added my own class to the popup shortcode code located in theme-shortcodes.php within the theme template files. I then added CSS that creates the animation to that class and done.

I implemented it HERE, click "Download Report" and you will see the animation in action.
  • WebTechMarketing
    Thank you for the reply. I am rather advanced user ) microsoft and intel sertified.
    I saw you realization. Nice work. Thank you for the idea. I will try to implement it in my site here: https://goo.gl/3KUJtR in part Photo (where rooms type describing). And that will be a little difference between inline popup and gallery popup entrance... Uff - not much time - I have to finish the whole site till the end of October... That is why looking for the ready implementation.
  • @Muffin Support
    @WebTechMarketing

At last - decided to make some beauty to Magnific popup animation yesterday. First - wanted to add the new class to shortcode, as WebTechMarketing did, but before that took a look at inner Magnific structure. And... Magnific own has everything to animate itself ) When it starts - the wrap class mfp-ready appears, when closes .mfp-removing wrap is. All the content ( so the additional class does not need to be inserted) - is inside .mfp-content class. A few CSS strings - and the animation is (!)
    I did simple - that I needed, but you can add transform - and do what you want. My example here:
    https://goo.gl/E1rDeK

These are css strings:
    .mfp-bg {  opacity: 0;  -webkit-transition: all 0.25s ease-out;  -moz-transition: all 0.25s ease-out;  transition: all 0.25s ease-out;}
    /* overlay animate in */
    .mfp-bg.mfp-ready {  opacity: 0.8; }
    /* overlay animate out */
    .mfp-bg.mfp-removing { opacity: 0; }

/* content at start */
    .mfp-wrap .mfp-content {  opacity: 0;  -webkit-transition: all 0.25s linear;  -moz-transition: all 0.25s linear;  transition: all 0.25s linear;}

/* content animate in */
    .mfp-wrap.mfp-ready .mfp-content {  opacity: 1; }
    /* content animate out */
    .mfp-wrap.mfp-removing .mfp-content {  opacity: 0; }

That is all )