FANCY LINK - Typography

Hello!
I am trying to understand how the fancy links work. 
How does the feature class="" work?
Can I increase the length of the background?
Can I change colors (font and background)?

Here is a link to a page I am editing: http://lnx.greenb.it/parquet_minimal/
In the middle of the page you can see the fancy link I am working on

Thank you 

Comments

• Hello,
    try to check our documentation first, there is everything explained in the shortcode tab with examples.
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/theme/shortcodes/typography/#fancylink
    thanks
  • I did check

and I have made all the trials I could, but there is no info regarding the questions I have listed. Sorry.
    I have chosen an example (the 5th). What are missing are answers to the questions above. 
    Either we like it as it is or I don't know where to find what to do.

Thank you
    valeria
  • I have also checked in the discussions in the Forum.
    I am not finding any information on that... I am so sorry.

Please let me suggest you to add something helpful for those who are not very professional.
    I hate to waste your time, believe me.

with gratitude
    vaeria
  • To modify the item to your liking (color wise) please go to theme options>colors>content
    The class="" is for addind your own custom CSS class for further modifications.
  • Thank you
    so you mean I can change the color. Is this the only thing I can change? Can I give the fancy link a length I decide?
    What is not simple to understand with the Muffin Builder is how to add the additional css etc.
    Please let me ask you, it is in the class="" where I have to add my own customized features. I thought it was so. But I am not able to actually WRITE what I want to add.
    If I want the width to be fixed to 150 px for example, what do I have to write in there?

thank you again
    valeria
  • This will help you understand what a CSS class is:
    https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_class.asp
    Those buttons cannot have a width set, their width and height is set by the padding and font size.
    If you want to change something, please add a custom class to this fancy link and we will help you with the css.
  • I have worked for longtime with Dreamweaver and I know pretty well what the css are.
    Thank you anyway. Regarding the text padding, I can add pixels on the left and on the right, but I will always have different length of the buttons unless I have exactly the same words in each button.
    Is that correct? In that case the fancy link shortcode will not fit my needs in the pages I am designing now.
    Its a pity cause I like that...

Let me know... 
    kind thanks
    valeria

• Please add a custom class to this fancy link and we will help you with the css.
    There is no other way to achieve this but by regulating the padding.
  • That's what I thought...
    I have seen inquiries like mine in the forum and your answers were more or less the same.
    It's a pity... the Muffin Builder is a powerful tool and the shortcodes are smart...
    In this case I have opted for a revolution slider that I can easily customize. 

no problem
    thank you!
    valeria