Creating Anchor Menu Link Not Working

Hi,

I have read over previous posts and read the Be-theme menu paperwork about creating anchors. Im working in the Barber 2 theme. I want to have a site that has a couple anchor items in the menu for the Homepage and 1 or 2 are separate pages.

I created custom links in the menu panel. From there I create the #ID. Then went onto homepage where I want to create the anchor. I put that #ID and attached it to the correct section I want. I even turned on ONE PAGE for the homepage. 

For some reason though no matter what I do the anchor doesnt work. If I click it from another page just takes me to homepage not anchor When Im on the homepage it does nothing.

Am I missing something? Sorry this is a redundant question but I followed all the writing and answers but mine still wont work properly.

Comments

• Hi,
    could you please send a link to this website so we can take a look?
    thanks
  • edited November 2017
    Im trying to get the SERVICES button across the top to jump to the SERVICES section on this page. I've tried it with other sections further down the page but still does not work. Jsut cant seem to figure out why.

Thanks
  • edited November 2017
    You made a misstake, when you enter the ID to the section just input the ID name, for you it would be services and thats it.
    Also make sure to enable one-page option in the page options (edit page)

• Awesome.Thanks very much. Thought the # was part of it so I was very confused when it didnt work.
  • edited November 2017
    Another addition to this. The anchor linked work no problem. If I go to an interior page though the link does not take me back to main page and anchor. Can this be changed or not?

overmark.ca/wp

So if you click Services on main page no problt uses anchor. But if you go to the work page and click SERVICES it deosnt take you back at all.

Any suggestions?
  • You would have to set a separate menu for the home page(the same that you have now) and a new menu for the whole page.
    Let me explain:

If you just type #ID into the link it will look for the ID on the page and scroll to it, but if you create a link like http://overmark.ca/wp#ID it will first go to the page and the scroll.
  • edited December 2017
    I think I got it.

One more question though. I have the services anchor as the first anchor after main image its the first section. Immediately when the website loads at the top of the page the SERVICES button in the menu is already highlited before it even reaches that section as active.

How can I active the rollover only once it reaches the services section and not upon immediate load. 

• Yes, you need to extend the URL so the browser first goes to the main page (example) and then finds the ID to scroll to. Please just try it out, you will understand then